Event Code of Conduct
The Verizon Media Event Code of Conduct outlines our expectations for participating in our meetups and events. It specifies the process for addressing potential misconduct. We seek to be open, inviting, authentic, and professional. We invite participants to be the same. But we also know that misconduct happens. So we try to be upfront about how to make this work. We’re open to hearing what you think about this and how we can make our communities even better too.
All participants at our event are required to agree with the following code of conduct. We expect cooperation from all participants to help ensure a safe environment for everyone. We do not tolerate harassment, abusive speech, or disruptive behaviors at our events. We request incidents of misconduct to be reported to the event staff quickly and discreetly.
We consider misconduct to include:
- Using offensive words or insulting gestures. This includes, but is not limited to, slurs, comments, or insinuations related to protected classes such as race, color, citizenship, national origin, political belief, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical size, culture, ethnicity, genetic features, language, profession, membership of a national minority, mental or physical ability.
- Insulting remarks about one’s appearance, lifestyle practices, or technology choices.
- Threats of violence, stalking, or intimidation.
- Harassing photography or recording, or the display or performance of sexual imagery.
- Inappropriate physical contact or unwanted sexual attention.
- Sustained disruption of discussions.
If any participant feels harassed, experiences or witnesses the above behaviors, or others that are similar, we ask them to report the incident quickly and discreetly to the event staff. Event organizers, may, at their discretion, take action and remove any participants from our events without refund.
License and Acknowledgment.
This text is shared under the CC-BY-4.0 license. If you have feedback about this code, contact us during the event.