Yahoo App Publishing Policies
Last Updated February 19, 2015
All publishers participating in Yahoo App Publishing must comply with the following requirements.
- Publisher apps must meet all applicable Flurry guidelines and policies at all times.
- Only publisher apps distributed through the Apple App Store or Google Play store are eligible to use Yahoo ad products. Mobile applications available only through other third-party distributors are not permitted to promote Yahoo ads. Apps must remain in compliance with all Apple App Store and/or Google Play store terms and conditions in order to be eligible to promote Yahoo ads.
- If Flurry uncovers suspected non-compliance with these guidelines, the application or, in some cases, all of a publisher’s applications, may be subject to enforcement procedures including, but not limited to, termination of the publisher’s agreement(s) with Flurry.
Unacceptable ActivitiesPublishers may not do any of the following:
- Show Yahoo ads on any app not registered with Flurry.
- Use deceptive methods to generate clicks or installs, or engage in any other deceptive practices, as determined by Flurry.
- Modify the security or other settings that protect user privacy or otherwise cause damage to the normal operation of the user’s device.
- Collect personally identifiable information through the use of a keystroke logging function (e.g., storing username and password) or induce the user to provide personally identifiable information by intentionally misrepresenting the identity of the person seeking the information.
- Mimic other downloadable software or apps or otherwise misrepresent the nature or purpose of the download or app.
- Prevent reasonable and legitimate efforts to block the download, installation or execution of the application.
- Allow any app to be bundled with material violating any of these guidelines.
- Permit any malicious code or pirated software to be distributed in, by or bundled with an app.
- Publishers cannot minimize, remove or otherwise inhibit the full and complete display of any advertiser landing page.
- It is the publisher’s responsibility to ensure that any downloadable app is the authorized version of that app.
- Apps may not take control of a user’s device maliciously.
- Apps may not automatically direct the user to a landing page not relevant to the ad offer.
- Apps may not change user preferences, reset default home pages or otherwise interfere with a user's ability to navigate within the mobile device, without appropriate prior notice and informed user consent. Applications that change user settings may only do so in a manner that is compliant with these guidelines and must clearly disclose if settings, programs or other apps are being changed in the user’s device.
- Clicking an ad must not be the only way for a user to exit a screen.
Unacceptable ContentYahoo ads may not appear in applications containing or relating to the following topics and behaviors:
- Pay-to-install offers
- Adult products and sexually explicit content
- Selling or facilitating the sale of alcoholic beverages
- Any product or service from countries subject to U.S. trade sanctions or embargo
- Content of questionable legality or controversial content
- Copyright infringing content or infringement facilitation
- Defamatory, libelous, threatening or other content that advocates against any individual or entity
- Distribution of viruses, malware, spyware, or other unsafe downloads
- Hacking, surveillance, interception or descrambling equipment and techniques
- Online gambling
- Prescription, Schedule I and Schedule II drugs
- Recreational drugs and drug paraphernalia
- Selling or facilitating the sale of tobacco or tobacco-related products, including electronic cigarettes
- Vulgar and obscene content
- Selling or facilitating the sale of weapons of any kind, including: firearms, their integral parts and ammunition, military ordnance and grenades, knives marketed as weapons, other weapons such as metal knuckles, clubs, leaded canes, and the provision of “how-to” materials
Notices, Disclaimers and User Consent
- Publisher must always provide conspicuous notice to the user that clearly discloses in an understandable manner specific behaviors such as:
- Adding an application
- Changing any of the user’s device settings
- Accessing data or information from a user’s device beyond what is necessary for the publisher’s app to function as disclosed
- Causing known material adverse effects on system performance for typical users.
- Installation of any app without prior notice and express user consent is always prohibited.
- All apps must provide a conspicuous and easily understandable privacy statement that is accessible from the app store and within the app.
- All user notices shown as part of the user consent and installation process must be in clear language and prominently displayed.
- Misleading or irrelevant alert messaging when promoting or executing software downloads is prohibited.