Create an Audience of Your Own Customers¶
You can create an audience based on your own list of customers on iOS or Android devices. This is useful if you have collected your own customer data, or if you have a mailing list of loyal customers or followers.
To create an audience of your own customers:
- From the Native & Search Tools tab, click Custom Audience.
- To the right of the Customer list option, click Select.
- Enter a name for your new audience.
- Select from the Types of IDs you want, either Apple Advertising ID or Google Advertising ID.
- Drag and drop a .csv or .txt file containing your customer ids, or click Browser file and browse to your CSV or TXT file.
To view the formatting examples for the files you wish to upload:
- Click Save.
You see a notification and some tag code.
Do one of the following: - Copy the tag code from the notification window, and paste it into your website HTML for all applicable web pages. Note that you’ll need to paste it above the /body tag at the bottom of your HTML source page. - Click Email tag code, and paste the code from email into your website HTML for all applicable web pages.
Create a Tag¶
Native & Search won’t prompt you to generate a tag if your account already has one. If your account has no tag assigned, the system will create a tag for you the first time you create a custom audience or a conversion rule. You can also go to the gear icon and create a tag there.
When a user is prompted to generate a tag per the previous row, they will be able to grab the tag code.
Confirm if a Dot Tag is Firing¶
Follow these steps to confirm if your dot tag is firing:
- Launch your browser (either Chrome or Firefox) and navigate to the your site (or conversion page if it is directly accessible).
- From your keyboard, press Ctrl+Shift+i on your web page. This opens the Inspector. Now navigate to the Network tab.
- Refresh the page content. You’ll need to re-run all the content on the page through the Inspector.
- Use the filter option to search for “sp.analytics.yahoo.com” – this will be the Dot tag.
- Move your mouse over the tag that fires. This will expose the tag ID: http://sp.analytics.yahoo.com/spp.pl?a=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX&.yp=XXXXXX&js=no.