Create Audiences From Your Email Lists¶
You can create and build a custom audience of people on your email lists for targeting campaigns.
To create an audience from your email lists:
- From the Yahoo Native & Search Tools tab, click Custom Audience.
- In the Custom Audience dialog, click New custom audience.
- Click Select in Email Addresses.
- In the Create new audience dialog, enter your Audience name. You can drag & drop a .csv file with your email addresses.
- View the accepted file formats for your .csv file.
When you do the upload of your .csv file, Native & Search will lowercase all the file names and remove any spaces. Native & Search will then encrypt the file to protect the personal data that resides in your email lists. If you wish, you can also perform this task yourself, i.e., lowercase the file names and remove the spaces, and then upload the pre-encrypted file. Note, however, that you must use the
sha256 as your encryption function; otherwise, Native & Search will not be able to use your files.
- View the field with the your .csv list of email addresses. Click Create audience.
- View your custom audience of email addresses, with Type, ID, User count, and Creation date.
If you wish to delete any of your custom audience, simply click the custom audiences checkbox for your audience. Then click the Actions menu item to highlight the audience, and select Delete from the pulldown menu.
When the audience is deleted, all the files associated with that audience are deleted as well. Native & Search will not retain any first-party data.