The following are some best practices that you may wish to consider when working with Native & Search Native Feed Ads:
- Use an all products product set when targeting a broad audience (this is a good starting point).
- Use product sets to optimize bids and control product recommendations.
- Clearly define your product sets without over-segmenting.
- Create product sets that help organize by value to your business.
- Easily identified/organized attributes from feed columns work best when creating product sets
- Examples of effective product sets:
- One set per product category or theme (i.e., women’s shoes)
- One set per price range (i.e., greater than $500, less than $500)
- Review the Product sets tab in the Product Catalog to confirm creation and view ID.
- Use Product Set Target to segment users based on funnel (i.e., viewed product, add to cart, purchase) and optimize based on lookback windows.
- To better understand and optimize your NFA performance, we recommend that you specify the following adgroups by funnel and lookback window as described in the table below:
|Funnel||Lookback window||User Description|
|Add To Cart||1 Day||Added an item to their cart in the last 1 day.|
|Add To Cart||3 Day||Added an item to their cart in the last 3 days.|
|Add To Cart||7 Day||Added an item to their cart in the last 7 days.|
|Add To Cart||30 Day||Added an item to their cart in the last 30 days.|
|View Product||1 Day||Viewed an item in the last 1 day.|
|View Product||3 Day||Viewed an item in the last 3 days.|
|View Product||7 Day||Viewed an item in the last 7 days.|
|View Product||30 Day||Viewed an item in the last 30 days.|