Add, Modify or Delete Objects¶
To add, modify, or delete objects, like campaigns, ad groups, ads, keywords, ad extensions, and targeting, you can download the bulk file and then follow the steps outlined below to accomplish these editing tasks.
When you add and/or update rows and columns, don’t modify or delete the first row, which contains the field names.
To successfully create objects, add all the required content into the fields in the bulk file and ensure that the object field ID is empty. All children below the component must not have IDs either. This allows the system to create a unique ID for the object and its children.
In general, Native & Search returns a leading apostrophe with the ID (the Object Id) if the ID is greater than 11 digits. For example, for the keyword “Mothers Day Flowers”, the Object Id is ‘123456789123. Similarly, the Campaign or Ad Group Id (or other ID fields) can be ‘123456789123 if the ID is greater than 11 digits.
Add a Child Component¶
To add a child component:
- In the Action column, enter Add.
- Add the relevant Object Type.
- Review the bulk file for the IDs and names of the parent components.
- Each child component must be defined in a new row under its parent. You must specify also the ID and name of the parent in this row. Both the child and parents IDs will be blank if the child and parent object are new.
To successfully update objects:
- Check that the IDs and names of the objects being modified are not empty or null.
- Enter Update in the Action column (associated with the row being updated.
- Fields with null or blank values will be ignored unless the Action column in the row is set to Update. If null or blank fields are submitted for update, Native & Search will ignore the fields and continue to use existing values for such fields.
Identify the row you would like to delete, and set the Action field value to Delete. The information will be removed once the bulk file is imported back into Native & Search.
Clearing Bulk Values¶
When editing a bulk file, you can clear values for certain fields by specifying
delete_value as the value for that field. You can do this for keyword landing URLs, param1, param2, param3, as well as for bids - given that another default bid has been set.