Welcome to the Yahoo Gemini API Product Bulletin. This update includes a quick snapshot of recent and upcoming releases and is focused on features supported by the API. A summary of supported functionality is also included.
Product Bulletins are updated on a monthly cadence for Gemini API partners, account managers and developers.
- August, 2016
- Gemini v2 API Resources and v1 Deprecation Timeline Reminder
- Reminder: Deprecated Reporting Endpoint
- New Campaign Conversion Rule Fields Added
- Getting Started Guide: OAuth 2.0 Authentication Steps
- New Glossary of Gemini Terms
- Check Out What’s New
- Using the Gemini Sandbox Environment
- Required Fields by Ad Type Matrix
Gemini v2 API Resources and v1 Deprecation Timeline Reminder¶
- New Gemini v2 API has been released. Starting on June 1, 2016, Yahoo Gemini migrated the programmatic Gemini API from v1 to v2; the current version of the Gemini API is v2. Be sure to read the sections on Versioning and API v1 Deprecation, plus the FAQs for details.
The Gemini v1 API will be supported for 90 days beyond the June 1, 2016 deprecation date. After that date, starting on September 1, 2016, the Gemini v1 API will be available for one year. After that time, it will be relegated to End of Life (EOL) status.
- See the What’s New section for more information about the new Gemini v2 API.
Reminder: Deprecated Reporting Endpoint¶
- Reminder: Please be aware of the following deprecated reporting endpoint. Action Required: Migrate to the new endpoint, if applicable.
Old: https://api.gemini.yahoo.com/v1/rest/reports New: https://api.gemini.yahoo.com/v2/rest/reports/custom
- Note on final deprecation: The old reporting endpoint will return a 404 error message, starting 9/14/16 (before final deprecation, partners who use the old endpoint may see a 404 error message on 8/31/16).
- Please see documentation for the new reporting endpoint for more information.
- For additional reference, please see Gemini API documentation: Navigating the API and Reporting.
New Campaign Conversion Rule Fields Added¶
- New campaign conversion rule fields added, including
conversionRuleIds, which you can associate to a campaign, and
timeWindow, which provides you with a lookback window in minutes. For more information, see Campaigns.
Getting Started Guide: OAuth 2.0 Authentication Steps¶
- New, detailed explanation of steps to follow before you begin OAuth 2.0 authentication. If you’re new to the Gemini API, you should read the section and follow the steps listed. Note also in the section on OAuth refresh tokens that access tokens will expire after 60 minutes.
New Glossary of Gemini Terms¶
Check Out What’s New¶
Using the Gemini Sandbox Environment¶
- The Gemini API lets you work with a sandbox environment to test campaigns you’ve created and managed. You use the same consumer key and consumer secret you obtained when you set up your OAuth to access the sandbox.
- The Gemini sandbox serves as a modified version of the production environment. While all operations are designed to function the same in the sandbox as in the production environment, the campaigns and ads you create in this environment do not actually serve. The sandbox environment is completely separate from your production environment.
- All campaigns, ads, and keywords you create in the sandbox are available in the sandbox environment only. There is no possibility that the ads you create in the sandbox will be accidentally served. Nor will your production accounts be charged for any mock transactions in the sandbox environment.
- You will need to create a sandbox account in order to test in this environment. You can do this by making a POST call to the sandbox signup endpoint and passing in the name you wish to call your test advertiser. The response will be a test advertiser object that will only be available in the sandbox environment. For more details, see Testing - Sandbox.
Required Fields by Ad Type Matrix¶
- We’ve added a new matrix which details the required fields when serving different ad types. For more information, see Ad documentation > Matrix view of required fields.