Gemini Native Ads¶
Native ads combine various brand assets to produce rich, compelling ad experiences and display them alongside content, providing interaction and engagement superior to traditional display advertising.
- The advertising experience follows the form and function of the user experience in which it’s placed.
- Stronger than traditional display ads at building trust and driving engagement with potential new customers.
- The average click-through rate is 4X higher for premium native ads vs. non-native display ads on mobile devices.
Where Native Ads Appear¶
Native ads appear in a wide range of environments, including:
- In-Feed, Content: Editorial feeds and streams on sites like the Yahoo homepage, Yahoo Finance, Yahoo Sports or in the suite of Yahoo mobile apps that include both paid and unpaid content in various forms. Again, the ads look similar to other content in the feed, but are marked as sponsored.
- In-Feed, Social: Social sites like Tumblr include user-generated posts along with sponsored content from advertisers. The ads look similar to other social posts, except that they are marked as sponsored.
- Custom: Usually features a variety of content customized for a specific brand experience. This content can include images, video, audio, editorial, or other interactive elements to help promote the brand or product sponsoring it.
The look and feel of native ads is key, since the more they feel like a natural part of the user experience, the stronger their engagement becomes.
Native Ad Topics¶
The following topics provide you with information about various Yahoo Gemini native ad types:
|Native Ad Matrix View||Describes a matrix view of required fields for various ad types.|
|Search Ads||Describes search link ads that enable advertisers to reach searchers on Yahoo at the moment of intent.|
|Image Ads||Describes the images ads that fit the form and function of the content around them.|
|Mail Ads||Describes mail ads which are a companion to native ads and are served exclusively in Yahoo Mail.|
|Carousel Ads||Describes the carousel ad type, which provides advertisers with the ability to tell a visual story by grouping up to five cards (images and captions) in a single execution.|
|Native Video & App Install Ads||Describes the video app install format, which is a combination of a card plus a 30-second video spot. App install ads are also described, which are effective for prompting re-engagement.|
|Native Ad Guidelines||Describes the guidelines that Gemini partners and developers should follow when implementing Gemini native ads in their apps.|