Check out these new features, enhancements and changes introduced in Yahoo Gemini.
Yahoo Gemini introduces a new model for handling ad spend when it exceeds a campaign’s maximum daily budget.
The following FAQ describes the budget changes in the new model, which is designed to pace a campaign more evenly if overspend occurs, so that ad spend is balanced out over the course of a month.
How is the daily budget in Yahoo Gemini changing?¶
Yahoo Gemini is updating the daily campaign budget option in order to pace campaigns more efficiently and help advertisers capture the most traffic possible, especially on days when traffic is higher.
Previously, the daily campaign budget option did not take into account fluctuations in traffic to help advertisers optimize campaign performance. As a result, advertisers might have missed out on additional clicks during higher traffic days.
What our updated approach to the campaign daily budget option means for you:
- Since traffic can fluctuate, up to 120% of your daily campaign budget may be used to show your ads on certain days of the week where traffic is higher. On days where traffic is less, you may see less than your daily campaign budget spent.
- Daily spend should balance out over the course of the month.
- You will not be charged for any spend over 120% of your daily campaign budget.
- We will still provide overdelivery credits for any spend over your cumulative monthly budget at the end of each month.
- This change is consistent with industry standards.
For example, if an advertiser sets a daily campaign budget of $10, up to $12 can be used on certain days based on fluctuations in traffic, with daily spend balancing out over the course of a month (e.g., monthly spend for a 30-day month should not exceed $300).
What happens if a daily budget campaign switches to a lifetime budget mid-month (or vice versa)?¶
The monthly budget cap and monthly spend are only calculated for days on which a daily budget is defined. If a campaign has a daily budget of $100 for the first 20 days of the month and then switches to a lifetime budget for the last 10 days, the monthly cap will be $2000 and only spend from the first 20 days of the month in which the daily budget is used will be considered when determining an overspend credit.
What happens if a campaign ends in the middle of the month? Will overspend be credited as soon as the campaign finishes?¶
If a campaign with overspend ends mid-month, the credit for overspend will not occur until the end of the month. The monthly budget cap will only account for daily campaign budgets through the campaign end date.
Was this document helpful?