Use Call Extensions in Bulk For Gemini Search Campaigns¶
You can take advantage of Call extensions, or Click-to-Call, as it is typically known, when you wish to display a phone number in the format of a Call button for text ads on smartphones.
Call extensions, where you provide the phone number, are available for Gemini search campaigns, using Bulk, and can be set at the campaign level. Only one Call extension is allowed per campaign, however.
The phone number displayed will be included in your campaign ad, and must be in the (555) 555-5555 format.
Call extensions are not currently available in the Gemini UI. You’ll need to download a sample bulk file in order to take advantage of this feature. Be sure to check out the section Call Extensions in Bulk for more information. In that section, you’ll also find a link to download a sample bulk file with Call extensions in .csv format.
How It Works¶
Follow these steps to use Call extensions in Bulk.
- In the bulksheet, navigate to the Call Extension row under the Object Type column.
- Enter a phone number in the ADD Call Extension row in the Phone Number column. Ensure that Call Only is set to FALSE.
In so doing, Call extensions are enabled.
Reporting for Call extensions will only display in the Ad Extensions report in the UI. There is no option currently to add the Ad Extension column to the Performance Reports in the UI.
To use the Call Only option, follow these steps:
- In the bulksheet, navigate to the Call Extension row.
- Enter a phone number in the Ad Extension row in the Phone Number column and change Call Only to TRUE.
In so doing, Call Only is enabled.
This feature is not available in the Gemini UI. To take advantage of the feature, you’ll need to make the change to TRUE in your bulksheet.
- For more information, refer to Call Extensions in Bulk where you’ll also find a link to download a sample bulk file with Call extensions in
- If you’re working with the Gemini API, you’ll find documentation on Ad Extensions, which describes the fields and operations for creating, updating and deleting Call extensions.
Was this document helpful?