Create Sitelink Extensions
You can create and build Sitelink extensions for your Campaigns and Ad Groups, using the Gemini Shared Library options. Shared Library allows you to create a large set of sitelinks and associate them to Campaigns or Ad Groups in bulk.
Use Gemini Sitelink extensions to create links to specific pages on your website that appear below your ads. These additional links help users by providing them with a direct shortcut to specific information.
You can add Sitelink extensions when you create your campaigns or ad groups. You can also edit your link text and Destination URLs, and apply any changes to selected campaigns or ad groups. Using Shared Library, you can perform operations on large numbers of campaigns and ad groups.
What Each Sitelink Extension Contains
- Sitelink title - 50 character count (same as Display URL)
- Sitelink landing URL - 2048 character count (same as Ad Landing URL)
You have an optional description field for sitelink extensions, as described below in the section About Enhanced Sitelinks.
In order for your ad’s Sitelinks to be valid:
- The Sitelink title needs to be original for each Sitelink.
- Sitelink should be in the same language as the parent ad.
- The landing page promoted by each Sitelink should be relevant to the Sitelink text. (For example, a Sitelink labeled, “Contact Us” should point to a Contact Us page.)
- A click on a Sitelink must lead to a website and may not trigger an automatic software download.
- As with all ad copy, Sitelink text cannot contain unnecessary symbols and characters.
Add Sitelinks to Your Bulk Sheet
You can add Sitelink information to the bulk sheet as follows:
- Sitelink Position
- The following existing fields are already available in the bulk schema and are used when creating & updating sitelinks:
- Landing URL
parentId for the sitelink should be derived based on the previous bulk sheet rows (similar to targeting attributes).
Reporting with Sitelinks
There two reports that handle Sitelinks information: CSV with ad extensions and CSV AD level report with ad extensions.
- The CSV with ad extensions report provides the standard performance statistics (impressions, clicks, spend, conversions etc) grouped PER AD EXTENSION for the user’s account. This shows the performance of each ad extension within the account.
- The CSV AD level report with ad extensions report provides the standard performance statistics (impressions, clicks, spend, conversions etc) grouped per AD per Ad extension, showing comparative performance each ad extension in each ad within the account.
About Enhanced Sitelinks
Enhanced Sitelinks enable you to create descriptions that appear underneath Sitelinks when your ads are displayed on the first position of Desktop and Tablet search results pages. Typically, they appear with brand queries.
Some of the key benefits:
- You can add up to 71 characters of customizable, descriptive text to your Sitelink Extension.
- Customers appreciate the additional details provided by Enhanced Sitelinks when viewing your ads.
- Using Enhanced Sitelinks, you can increase CTR and click-share on your top-ranked, branded keywords, as well as improve conversion rates for your campaigns.
Enhanced Sitelink specs:
||The link text for your sitelink.
||The page you want users to land on when they click your sitelink.
||May display along with your sitelink. Used to describe what your customers may expect if they click the sitelink.
Yahoo Expedia Search Result Page
The image below highlights the additional detail provided by Enhanced Sitelinks on a sample Expedia webpage.
The Sitelink title and description may be truncated if they are too long to fit on the page.
If you’re working with bulk operations, you may also wish to take advantage of Sitelink Extensions in Bulk where you can easily create and update Sitelink extensions and apply them to your campaigns and ad groups.
For programmatic Gemini API, you can take advantage of the Shared Site Link service, which is new in the v2 Gemini API, and provides methods for creating, updating, and retrieving shared sitelinks at the advertiser account level using the shared sitelink endpoint.