Raise Brand Awareness¶
Yahoo Gemini helps increase brand awareness by serving native ads to users across Yahoo.
Yahoo Gemini shows your ads with images and videos in a way that blends with the surrounding content, and serves to the right audiences at the right times.
Yahoo Gemini optimizes the ad type to match the device. To help meet the goal of raising brand awareness, Yahoo Gemini uses your images, videos, and ad copy to serve the following ad types:
- On smartphones and tablets: Ads on Yahoo Search, mobile and apps.
- On computers: Ads on Yahoo Search and Yahoo sites.
Promote brand ads do not serve on search with the exception of video takeover ads (only available to internal users).
To set up a campaign to raise brand awareness, you need at least one photo, an MP4 video, and some ad copy.
The photo size is measured in pixels (the smallest single component in a digital image). Here are the details:
- A rectangular image (1200 X 627 pixels) with a 1.9:1 aspect ratio.
- A square image. The square image is optional because Yahoo Gemini automatically crops the rectangular image to create the square image. If you want to provide a square image, it should be 627 x 627 pixels with a 1:1 aspect ratio.
- A catchy ad title
- An ad description
- Your company name
- The destination URL (where users are taken when they click your ad)
Image and video are not required for promote brand ads, although if you choose to upload a video, then images are required.
Required Assets - Video¶
If you’re running a native video campaign, note that your video assets must meet the following requirements:
- Formats: .mp4 .m4v or .mov
- File Size: 1GB maximum
- Duration: 5 seconds minimum, 30 seconds maximum for App Install campaigns, 5 minutes maximum for Promote Brand campaigns
- Aspect Ratio: Minimum 480x360p (4:3) or 480x270 (16:9). Recommended 640x480 (4:3) or 640x360 (16:9)
- Video Bitrate: 300kbps. Recommended 500kbps.
- Audio Quality: If the video has audio, then it must have 2 channel stereo and minimum 32kbps. Recommended 64kbps.
For information on creating native video ad campaigns, check out How To Create Native Video Ads.
Also, if you’re working with Bulk for video ads running as PromoteBrand or AppInstall campaigns, your video assets must meet the technical requirements listed above.
For more information, check out Bulk Ads.
Gemini supports the following options for the brand awareness campaign goal:
- Cost Per Thousand Impressions (CPM): Pay every time someone is shown your ad.
- Cost Per View (CPV): Pay every time someone views your video.
Was this document helpful?