mojito and livestand

Firstly just want to say thank you for the great framework, having been using it for a few weeks i'm looking forward to using it further and contributing as well.

Just thought I'd ask of there might be any plans to open source the mojito side of livestand now it's EOL. From my perspective there's already some great examples of the simple mojito concepts which is great and helps to develop a good understanding of how to build something complex - seeing how livestand was done would really add to that!

Big ask I know:)

by
3 Replies
  • Hi John:

Thanks for your usage and support!

Funny you bring this up, I had this exact same discussion with Bruno here a few weeks ago. We took a good look at the Livestand codebase, and unfortunately, it would be a big effort to clean out all the Y!-specific stuff and make it available to everyone.

But there is hope! Some of the more juicy pieces from Livestand have been under active development internally, and we expect to have good news to share with you within a month or two. Hang in there!

--Ren

• Thanks for the feedback/tease ren:)

Seems like there's a lot going on behind the scenes with Mojito - we're currently putting a project together using it and really starting to get a good grip on the how to use it/its potential... looking forward to seeing what updates come out in the next couple of months.... from other threads seems like there's potentially quite a bit of change/alignment with YUI app etc...

Also be keen to see if there's any enhancements mobile wise... seems with axis you guys where using Y.CL to bridge with native... be interested to hear how you manage the hybrid mojito/native build process... i'm guessing there's more than's available publicly in mojito at present in use!

With a couple of weeks more experience with the framework under our belt.. our appreciation is growing even more.... Great work from you guys and hopefully the new CEO will be fully behind it:)!

Cheers
    John

QUOTE(Ren @ 12 Jul 2012 2:59 PM)
    Hi John:

Thanks for your usage and support!

Funny you bring this up, I had this exact same discussion with Bruno here a few weeks ago. We took a good look at the Livestand codebase, and unfortunately, it would be a big effort to clean out all the Y!-specific stuff and make it available to everyone.

But there is hope! Some of the more juicy pieces from Livestand have been under active development internally, and we expect to have good news to share with you within a month or two. Hang in there!

--Ren

• > enhancements mobile wise... seems with axis you guys where
    > using Y.CL to
    bridge with native... be interested to hear how you
    > manage the hybrid
    mojito/native build process.

And that is precisely what we're working on! :)
    It's frustrating for me too, believe me, but I'm afraid I can't really tell you more for now.

However we have published our goals for the overall program, and you can get familiar with them:
    developer.yahoo.com/cocktails/
    that page by itself doesn't say a ton, but read this post:
    http://yhoo.it/co-sns

Recent Posts

in Yahoo! Mojito