I am getting an error with the quickstart tutorial

The quickstart tutorial at the following URL http://developer.yahoo.com/cocktails/mojito/docs/quickstart/

everything works out fine until I run the application after I made the code changes suggested $ mojito start

I get this error

internallocale\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\mojito\lib\app\autoload\store.serve r.js:1458 posls = this.selector.getAllPOSLs(); ^ TypeError: Cannot call method 'getAllPOSLs' of undefined at ResourceStore.YUI.add.Y.extend.resolveResourceVersions (internallocale\AppDa ta\Roaming\npm\node_modules\mojito\lib\app\autoload\store.server.js:1458:35) at ResourceStore.YUI.add.Y.extend.preload (internallocale\AppData\Roaming\npm\n ode_modules\mojito\lib\app\autoload\store.server.js:382:18) at Object.Store.createStore (internallocale\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\mo jito\lib\store.js:82:11) at new MojitoServer (internallocale\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\mojito\lib \mojito.js:68:29) at Object.Mojito.createServer (internallocale\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\ mojito\lib\mojito.js:652:12) at Object.exports.run (internallocale\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\mojito\l ib\app\commands\start.js:89:18) at Function.CLI.run (internallocale\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\mojito\lib \management\cli.js:176:17) at Object. (internallocale\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\mojito\b in\mojito:12:5) at Module._compile (module.js:449:26) at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:467:10)

by
15 Replies
  • Hi Houyhnhnm

Could you please confirm the node and mojito version that you are using to understand the issue?

• Hi Houyhnhnm

Could you please confirm the node and mojito version that you are using to understand the issue?

• Sirisha

This is Mojito Version of mojito is 0.5.1

This is Node { http_parser: '1.0', node: '0.8.17', v8: '3.11.10.25', ares: '1.7.5-DEV', uv: '0.8', zlib: '1.2.3', openssl: '1.0.0f', npm: '1.2.0' }

• Sirisha I am using windows 7 as well.

• mojito is not compatible with windows7, please use either mac or unix

• thanks Sirisha, that really sucks,

• http://www.vmware.com/products/player/ is a unix VM for windows that is free. Did you try running mojito on that as a workaround?

Thanks -Paul

• @Houyhnhnm, there are a couple of PRs in github for window compatibility, we are working hard to resolve those issues and get mojito to run smoothly on windows.

• @Paul I got the VMware but I havent been successful with the iso's I have used.

@Caridy will Mojito post in the blog when it is able to run smooth on windows?

• @Houyhnhnm, definitely!

• Quoting above: "mojito is not compatible with windows7, please use either mac or unix" Why, precisely is that the case? I found one place in the demo's server.js where it was asking for a hard-wired /usr/local/lib/, and changed that to my windows location; it then booted a bit, then failed with this record: path.existsSync is now called fs.existsSync. info: (mojito-resource-store): Store initialized info: (mojito-resource-store): Store initialized info: (mojito-resource-store): Store initial preloaded Cannot call method 'getAllPOSLs' of undefined Please install mojito first via npm.

mojito was installed via npm. It exists at the location I told the server.js code.

• @JAck I run mojito on windows now,but some errors or situations come up because not everything has been tested or is suitable to run on windows

• guys, if you run into any issue with mojito on windows, just make sure to report it as an issue in github and we will try to fix it. At this point, we do NOT have continues integration infrastructure for windows, specifically, we have been waiting for travis to support windows for a long time:

https://github.com/travis-ci/travis-ci/issues/216

until that feature gets ready in travis, there is no much we can do to bring windows as a first class env. In the meantime, we are doing manual tests, and that's why reporting issues is important.

that being said, the latest version of mojito should work just fine in windows.

/caridy

• Caridy, the latest version works fine on my windows 7

• yeah

Recent Posts

in Yahoo! Mojito