0

Internationalization issues

Hi,

I am having some issues with internationalization:

1) When I change my language preference for testing purposes (e.g. to French as described here), most of Yahoo! Mail (that is, everything except the news in the "what's new" tab) remains in English. Is this the normal behavior or is there a problem with the language switch?

2) The "response.user.lang" variable received by the "getParameters" callback handler seems to always be "en-US", even though my language preference is set to French. The sample "Hello World i18n" uses "getParameters" and seems to be broken. It appears nicely translated in the list of installed applications, but when clicked on, the tab content appears in English.

3) Calling "getUserLanguages" causes a JavaScript error ("Cannot read property '1' of null"). The match in this function seems to return null.

At last, there is a typo in the doc. The user's language preference variable is apparently called "lang" and not "language".

Thanks for your help!

by
1 Reply
  • No

    QUOTE(Houyhnhnm @ 28 Nov 2011 9:40 AM)
    I was wondering about this too. 
    In this code, is it possible to change the view for the click action within the intl_string tab?

    <events>
    <click>  
    <action>  
    <launch>  
    <view>full</view>  
    <target_zone>tab</target_zone>
    </launch>  
    </action>  
    </click>  
    </events>
    <intl_values>
        <intl_strings intl="fr-FR">
        <name>test en francaise</name>
        <description>test en francaise, version internationalisée (fr-FR)</description>
        </intl_strings>
    </intl_values>

    QUOTE(joecomotion @ 21 Nov 2011 2:49 PM)
    Thanks for reporting these -- we're transitioning our i18n support, so some things still need ironing out.  I've filed bugs to investigate these and will try to remember to follow-up on this thread.

    -j

    QUOTE(Damien @ 21 Nov 2011 5:07 AM)
    Hi,

    I am having some issues with internationalization:

    1) When I change my language preference for testing purposes (e.g. to French as described here), most of Yahoo! Mail (that is, everything except the news in the "what's new" tab) remains in English. Is this the normal behavior or is there a problem with the language switch?

    2) The "response.user.lang" variable received by the "getParameters" callback handler seems to always be "en-US", even though my language preference is set to French. The sample "Hello World i18n" uses "getParameters" and seems to be broken. It appears nicely translated in the list of installed applications, but when clicked on, the tab content appears in English.

    3) Calling "getUserLanguages" causes a JavaScript error ("Cannot read property '1' of null"). The match in this function seems to return null.

    At last, there is a typo in the doc. The user's language preference variable is apparently called "lang" and not "language".

    Thanks for your help!

    0
This forum is locked.

Recent Posts

in Yahoo! Mail Application Platform