local.search doesn't return any data

Hi,
I've been facing problem with local search. Unable to receive any data for the last week. Even the test console doesn't return any data. I'm running my app on AppEngine and just a simple query to search restaurant data. I'm developing the site so it's not public yet so I don't think i've hit any rate limit either.

Anyone having this issue with local search? Please help me, I've my project due date coming!

thanks

by
8 Replies
  • QUOTE (FazT @ Nov 6 2010, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi,
    I've been facing problem with local search. Unable to receive any data for the last week. Even the test console doesn't return any data. I'm running my app on AppEngine and just a simple query to search restaurant data. I'm developing the site so it's not public yet so I don't think i've hit any rate limit either.

Anyone having this issue with local search? Please help me, I've my project due date coming!

thanks

is there anyone who can tell me what's going on? Yahoo are you working on this? an answer to this will be highly appreciated.
  • QUOTE (FazT @ Nov 7 2010, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    is there anyone who can tell me what's going on? Yahoo are you working on this? an answer to this will be highly appreciated.

I don't work on YQL, but if you can tell me the exact query, I could try and help you.
  • QUOTE (FazT @ Nov 7 2010, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi FazT,

I had a look at the local,search YQL table earlier today and it seems to be working ok. Is it ok for you now?
    I also had a look at some of our logs and it looks like the back-end service was down for a while, however, the problem has now been remedied,

Please let me know if you have any further issues, and if so, paste your query so I can try and replicate.

Thanks,

Matt
    YDN
  • QUOTE (Matthew Lock @ Nov 8 2010, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi FazT,

I had a look at the local,search YQL table earlier today and it seems to be working ok. Is it ok for you now?
    I also had a look at some of our logs and it looks like the back-end service was down for a while, however, the problem has now been remedied,

Please let me know if you have any further issues, and if so, paste your query so I can try and replicate.

Thanks,

Matt
    YDN

I'm not getting anything returned either. The query I'm using is not complex and worked flawlessly for the past few months. The default query is:

select * from local.search where zip='27889' and query='pizza'

The error I'm getting is:

cbfunc({
    "query": {
    "count": "0",
    "created": "2010-11-09T13:56:30Z",
    "lang": "en-US",
    "diagnostics": {
    "publiclyCallable": "true",
    "url": {
    "execution-time": "23",
    "http-status-code": "503",
    "http-status-message": "Service Unavailable",
    "content": "http://local.yahooapis.com/LocalSearchService/V3/localSearch?zip=27889&query=pizza&start=1&results=10"
    },
    "user-time": "25",
    "service-time": "23",
    "build-version": "9795"
    },
    "results": null
    }
    });

I few minutes ago I had 4 results returned where it would normally return 10 to 20 (desired amount). I should not have hit any kind of limit because I'm the only person using it a couple times a day.
    Hi FazT,

Thanks,

Matt
    YDN

Thanks Matt!!! it's working perfectly in my site since yesterday!

Thanks a lot!
    Hi FazT,

Thanks,

Matt
    YDN

FYI: it doesn't work in the test console. any idea? :S
  • QUOTE (FazT @ Nov 9 2010, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    FYI: it doesn't work in the test console. any idea? :S

I'm getting 5 results now where I used to get 10 to 20 results. Also the same query is not returning any information in the YQL console either. Does anyone know of any adjustments or updates that have been going on or are currently going on that would cause this?
  • I'm getting a 503 from any hit to the local.search db.

started a thread here:

http://developer.yahoo.net/forum/?showtopic=7992

Recent Posts

in YQL