YQL three legged OAuth

Hi,

I have an application that has read access for contacts. I want to access the social.contacts table and retrieve contact data of a user. I am being able to retrieve the contacts using contacts API, but need to know how to do that using YQL.

I am developing a desktop application in java. Please help me out.

Do I need to get another application ID?

Mike

by
2 Replies
  • QUOTE (Mike @ Jul 20 2009, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi,

I have an application that has read access for contacts. I want to access the social.contacts table and retrieve contact data of a user. I am being able to retrieve the contacts using contacts API, but need to know how to do that using YQL.

Mike

If you are using the oauth mechanism to get the contact data of a user, then you shouldn't need very many changes to your code at all, just point your desktop application at query.yahooapis.com and sign the request as you have been before (same oauth keys as before).

Jonathan
  • QUOTE (Mike @ Jul 20 2009, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi,

Mike

Hi Mike,

I am trying to read contacts from yahoo using the OAuth Authentication. Can U help me with the code if you have done already.

Thanks
    Vinoth

Recent Posts

in YQL