YQL social.contacts query not returning contacts from Facebook

Using the YQL console, select * from social.contacts where guid=me returns ALL of my contacts, but when using my own app/project, it is not showing the detail of contacts tagged with "<fullname> is a Facebook Contact".

E.g. I have 260 contacts, 250 of them are the result of importing from my facebook account. Using my project, the same query returns 260, but only 10 of them contains fields name and email. Going to the contact detail URL (e.g. http://social.yahooapis.com/v1/user/F5YCWRRZ2HW3U7HLVBYMVSDX7I/contact/16777736) from my project, resulted in yahoo api error, with detail: unable to find contact id: 16777736'.Please fix this!!

by
2 Replies
  • Correction, I got 700+ contacts. Using console it returned all of them 700+. But using my project, it only returned 260.<br><br><div class="quote "><div class="quotetop ">QUOTE<cite>(Dody @ 15 Nov 2011 1:45 PM)</cite><blockquote class="quotemain">Using the YQL console, select * from social.contacts where guid=me returns ALL of my contacts, but when using my own app/project, it is not showing the detail of contacts tagged with &quot; is a Facebook Contact&quot;. <br><br>E.g. I have 260 contacts, 250 of them are the result of importing from my facebook account. Using my project, the same query returns 260, but only 10 of them contains fields name and email. Going to the contact detail URL (e.g.&nbsp;<span style="color:#333333;font-family:monospace;line-height:13px;white-space:pre;">http://social.yahooapis.com/v1/user/F5YCWRRZ2HW3U7HLVBYMVSDX7I/contact/16777736) from my project, resulted in yahoo api error, with detail: </span><span style="font-family:monospace;line-height:normal;white-space:pre;">unable to find contact id: 16777736&#39;.Please fix this!!</span></blockquote></div></div>
  • <br><br><div class="quote "><div class="quotetop ">QUOTE<cite>(Dody @ 15 Nov 2011 1:45 PM)</cite><blockquote class="quotemain">Using the YQL console, select * from social.contacts where guid=me returns ALL of my contacts, but when using my own app/project, it is not showing the detail of contacts tagged with &quot; is a Facebook Contact&quot;. <br><br>E.g. I have 260 contacts, 250 of them are the result of importing from my facebook account. Using my project, the same query returns 260, but only 10 of them contains fields name and email. Going to the contact detail URL (e.g.&nbsp;<span style="color:#333333;font-family:monospace;line-height:13px;white-space:pre;">http://social.yahooapis.com/v1/user/F5YCWRRZ2HW3U7HLVBYMVSDX7I/contact/16777736) from my project, resulted in yahoo api error, with detail: </span><span style="font-family:monospace;line-height:normal;white-space:pre;">unable to find contact id: 16777736&#39;.Please fix this!!</span></blockquote><br>I can confirm that this is happening to me as well. Any contacts I have imported from Facebook will not show up in my application, but will show up in the Yahoo YQL Console.<br><br>Can we get word from the Yahoo team if this is intended or not?<br><br>Regards,<br>Georges</div></div>

Recent Posts

in YQL