YQL call without any extra stuff around the output

If I just want the [query][results][result] node (assuming there is only 1), is there a special parameter I can pass to YQL?

by
4 Replies
  • QUOTE (Paul Tarjan @ Jul 26 2009, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    If I just want the [query][results][result] node (assuming there is only 1), is there a special parameter I can pass to YQL?

No, you can remove the diagnostic information by adding a "diagnostics=false" query parameter to the request, but the currently the "envelope" is always present.

Jonathan
  • QUOTE (Jonathan @ Jul 27 2009, 09:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    No, ... the "envelope" is always present.

+1 for having a way to remove the envelope.

Without this feature, what are people doing to work around the limitation? I want to use YQL to process Atom feeds. I need the final query results in Atom as well. (My feed reader doesn't understand the extra YQL stuff.) Can it be run through Yahoo! Pipes to do this?
  • QUOTE (Travis @ Oct 24 2009, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    +1 for having a way to remove the envelope.

Without this feature, what are people doing to work around the limitation? I want to use YQL to process Atom feeds. I need the final query results in Atom as well. (My feed reader doesn't understand the extra YQL stuff.) Can it be run through Yahoo! Pipes to do this?

Yes it can be run through pipes to get the atom output. You can use the YQL module in pipes to query the data.
  • QUOTE (Nagesh Susarla @ Oct 26 2009, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Yes it can be run through pipes to get the atom output. You can use the YQL module in pipes to query the data.

Despite some early documentation to the contrary, there is no Atom output available with Pipes. RSS 2.0 would be the closest alternative, followed possibly by JSON.

Recent Posts

in YQL