YQL Documentation errors

Filtering Query Results (WHERE) says:

Tests for a string pattern match, allowing regular expressions. The comparison is case sensitive.

but starting the regex with (?i) will turn it into a case insensitve match. You might also note that there is an implied ^ $ wrapped around the regex. Personally I think it would be more "regex-like" if you removed the automatic start & end anchors.

Joining Tables With Sub-selects says:

Tables can be joined on multiple keys. In the following example, the local.search and geo.places tables are joined on two keys. The inner select returns two data fields (centroid.latitude and centroid.latitude) which are compared with the two input keys (latitude and longitude) of the outer select.

should be:

Tables can be joined on multiple keys. In the following example, the local.search and geo.places tables are joined on two keys. The inner select returns two data fields (centroid.latitude and centroid.longitude) which are compared with the two input keys (latitude and longitude) of the outer select.

Paging and Table Limits says:

The following statement gets items 10 through 30. In other words, starting at postition 10, it gets 20 items:

select title from search.web(10,30) where query="pizza"

should be:

select title from search.web(10,20) where query="pizza"

by
2 Replies
  • QUOTE (Tom @ Aug 17 2009, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Filtering Query Results (WHERE) says:

but starting the regex with (?i) will turn it into a case insensitve match. You might also note that there is an implied ^ $ wrapped around the regex. Personally I think it would be more "regex-like" if you removed the automatic start & end anchors.

Joining Tables With Sub-selects says:

should be:

Paging and Table Limits says:

should be:

Tom, thank you very much for the your feedback/corrections on the YQL Guide. We'll update the documentation based on your suggestions.
  • QUOTE (J@tin @ Aug 21 2009, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Tom, thank you very much for the your feedback/corrections on the YQL Guide. We'll update the documentation based on your suggestions.

Hi,
    hey guys, more than 1 and a half year has passed but you still didn't correct that mistake in the documentation! I spent 2 days trying to understand why my script was not working properly..
    Bye

Recent Posts

in YQL