What do I need to get started?

So I'm looking to write a YQL script that combs the stats of MLB players, and keeps them in a table that I can access. I have some coding background, and the YQL documentation is great so I think I'll be able to handle the coding portion. However what I'm wondering about is how I'd even just... run it. I've played around with the console a little bit, but what I basically want is a sortable spreadsheet that updates once a day. Do I need to download software? Set up a server? I'm kind of lost here...

by
1 Reply
  • IF you are not trying to create a web page!! and this spreadsheet you and some of your friends going to use then You can use google spreadsheet. Google allows you to write js script to do some automation. You can write small script and get the data fetched in a spreadsheet then you can sort.

Here is simple get started for you

You will not need any server or have to download any software in this case.

If you are trying to create a mashup then you have to use a web-server, and have to use some hosting solution. You will not need any special software still you can just use one of your favorite Text-Editor to write code.

Recent Posts

in YQL