I am looking for a developer for program to retrieve updated data on performance and yield presented on individual security pages within Yahoo Finance.

I have a client who manages over 100 investment portfolios of some size and global diversity. We have identified fields on the Yahoo Finance pages for individual stocks, bonds and other securities (within each portfolio) that we want to retrieve on a quarterly basis.

I am seeking a developer to assess the viability of this project (and execute if it is indeed viable).

My original question was this: How can one access Yahoo Finance API that contains all the updated and historical quotes & charts data for the securities tracked and displayed in the Symbol Look Up feature? I want to map selected Yahoo data to fields within a custom formatted portfolio spreadsheet. I was then advised that only YQL could provide a solution.

Thank you!

by
1 Reply
  • || I want to map selected Yahoo data to fields within a custom formatted portfolio spreadsheet.

without knowing the particulars of your intended application, this "should be" relatively easy to do ...

|| We have identified fields on the Yahoo Finance pages for individual stocks, bonds and other securities (within each portfolio) that we want to retrieve on a quarterly basis.

IF the fields that you are looking for are accessible via the api, note that NOT all of the data that you see on yahoos finance page may necessarily be exposed by their api

I would suspect that are likely many*many finance/trading programs services that have the capability to export data fields, which you could then import into your spreadsheet, - have you looked into going that route?

If the data that you want is available via the yahoo api, the cost/timeframe of developing an app to automagically pull it down and put it into your spreadsheets would depend on the complexity and volume(# fields) of the data that your pulling.

Recent Posts

in YQL