How to build data table for search in the selected websites only?

Hello!
I'll be very happy if someone can help me. I'm novice in YQL.

I want to make YQL query that will search web content in the selected domains (about 5000!) only. I know, that using data table may help me. But how can I do it?

Thank you very much!
Alex

by
3 Replies
  • Any ideas? :-)
  • QUOTE (alex s @ Jul 11 2009, 03:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Any ideas? :-)

The BOSS search service offers the ability to restrict the search to certain domains (see the search.web table). I imagine that 5000 may be beyond their limit. You could try and build an open data table that had all your domains defined in it (in the javascript as an array) and send the requests to boss separately (e.g. 500 at a time, or whatever the limit is). You could then merge the results and return them. Re-ranking (the merge) may be a bit tricky here but you should be able to get something out that way.

Jonathan
  • QUOTE (Jonathan @ Jul 13 2009, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    The BOSS search service offers the ability to restrict the search to certain domains (see the search.web table). I imagine that 5000 may be beyond their limit. You could try and build an open data table that had all your domains defined in it (in the javascript as an array) and send the requests to boss separately (e.g. 500 at a time, or whatever the limit is). You could then merge the results and return them. Re-ranking (the merge) may be a bit tricky here but you should be able to get something out that way.

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan!

Thanks you very much for your reply.
    Maybe you know, where can I find an example how to build open data table for my task?

Thank you very much!

Recent Posts

in YQL