Hosted Storage content

I'm reading the docs and trying to understand what format the data comes out of the hosted storage ?? there is reference to showing raw xml and raw html in the docs

by
2 Replies
  • Hi Pete,

I'm not so sure what are you asking for, but let's try if I got the your question.

Basically when you use the yql hosted storage, you can store any kind of information in any format as long as you don't reach the limit of 100KB per record. So if you store xml you will retrieve xml from the record, or html if you did that.

Hope this helps,
    Francisco.

QUOTE (Pete @ Sep 29 2010, 07:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I'm reading the docs and trying to understand what format the data comes out of the hosted storage ?? there is reference to showing raw xml and raw html in the docs
  • QUOTE (arcturus @ Sep 29 2010, 07:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi Pete,

I'm not so sure what are you asking for, but let's try if I got the your question.

Basically when you use the yql hosted storage, you can store any kind of information in any format as long as you don't reach the limit of 100KB per record. So if you store xml you will retrieve xml from the record, or html if you did that.

Hope this helps,
    Francisco.

So if i'm understanding correctly, if I don't specify what I'm expecting back from a 'rest' it will assume text unless I specify contentType('application/xml').

Recent Posts

in YQL