HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

Im developing a web application, and i need access to the information INSIDE a Web Site that it came as a result of a Yahoo Search (this information could be for example a text field, or a name, or a price of some product inside this page) to save it, or manipulate it, later. So, my question is:
Will i be able to do this with YQL?? Is it there any other Yahoo Service that allow me to do this?

3 Replies
  • QUOTE (ale_jr401 @ Oct 22 2010, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Im developing a web application, and i need access to the information INSIDE a Web Site that it came as a result of a Yahoo Search (this information could be for example a text field, or a name, or a price of some product inside this page) to save it, or manipulate it, later. So, my question is:
    Will i be able to do this with YQL?? Is it there any other Yahoo Service that allow me to do this?

You could do something like this:
    * Use search.web table to fetch the search results
    * Use html table to fetch the urls from the search result
    * use xpath to filer the the result you want

Here is a sample query that extracts images from the urls returned in the search results pages from a search for "cats"

select * from html where url in (select url from search.web where query='cats' limit 2) and xpath="//img"

Hope this helps
    -balaji
  • QUOTE (Balaji Narayanan @ Oct 22 2010, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    You could do something like this:
    * Use search.web table to fetch the search results
    * Use html table to fetch the urls from the search result
    * use xpath to filer the the result you want

Here is a sample query that extracts images from the urls returned in the search results pages from a search for "cats"

select * from html where url in (select url from search.web where query='cats' limit 2) and xpath="//img"

Hope this helps
    -balaji

Thank you very mutch Balaji for your answer.
    I have another question: can i export the query result? (for example on xml, or html format).

Excuse my ignorance please, im new in this..
    AS
  • QUOTE (ale_jr401 @ Oct 23 2010, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Thank you very mutch Balaji for your answer.
    I have another question: can i export the query result? (for example on xml, or html format).

Excuse my ignorance please, im new in this..
    AS

The response to this query is in XML. So when you go to the YQL console and enter this query, you should see a box titled "Rest query". You can copy paste that url in your app and by default it should give a XML response.

HTH
    -balaji

Recent Posts

in YQL