Fantasy Sports YQL Console returning INKApi Error

I am having trouble with the YQL console. It was working great last month, but now every time I get the same INKApi Error in lieu of real data.

http-status-code="500" http-status-message="INKApi Error"

It seems to effect every query using the fantasy sports API, but other APIs are okay. For example, this query fails with that INKApi Error. That is one of the canned example queries, so it certainly should work.

The only thing I can think is that it could be some kind of authentication issue, but I thought the console handled those automatically as long as I am logged in (I am).

Am I doing something wrong? How can I work around this problem? Thanks in advance for your help!

by
24 Replies
  • Happening for me too, on queries that previously worked fine.

• Thanks for confirming that it's not just me, Paul. Now we just need to find someone who can help us figure out a workaround...

• Does anyone from Y! check these boards?

• Nothing works for me either, even the default queries. I guess there is an internal error?

• Yeah, it's broken. Now we just have to get Y! to notice.

• I tried going through "contact us" and asking them about this...any progress by anyone else?

• Is the Y! forum abandoned? It seems nobody from Y! attends questions on the forum.

• Glad I checked here. I was attempting to build out a quick prototype to see if it was worth the time to build something around this API and I've been getting failures around everything. Even the YQL examples are breaking with 500s. Quite frustrating, especially when you don't know if as the developer you're the one messing up or not.

• It's interesting. Some API calls work, others don't. For example, I can pull back a list of NFL players via an API call (outside of YQL Console in my case, but same YAHOO DB), but I can no longer pull back details about my specific league as I could previously (just last month).

I'm a YAHOO fan and just wish they would devote more resources to this and at least put up a disclaimer on their Developer Network if maintenance or some issue resolution is in progress.

Explanations are always nice :-)

• Does anyone know if this was ever fixed? I am seeing the same issue, but this is my first stab at the API. I am just using their example site and I am getting 500s with the same INKApi error.

• I am noticing this today (last time I needed data from Yahoo Fantasy Sports API was 2 weeks ago after previous fantasy week). Is there a solution? Thanks.

• I'm seeing this as well. Does anyone know who we can contact about this? This would be really helpful in my app development.

• Hello? Yahooooooo?

• Yahoo wake up give us some customer service!!

Problem still exist.

• Wow thank god for this thread, i thought i was going crazy

• Please post the query that you are having issues with.

e.g. select * from table where....etc.

Thanks -Paul

• Hi thanks for the reports, we're looking into the issue. I'll post back here when it's resolved.

-Paul

• Thank god, please fix it. Your service is great otherwise, but this is really a bad issue and the impossibility to contact you directly is very frustrating.

Example query: select * from fantasysports.leagues.standings where league_key='328.l.1352'

Example result: "http://www.yahooapis.com/v1/base.rng" <yahoo:count=>"0" <yahoo:created=>"2014-07-30T23:14:24Z" <yahoo:lang=>"en-US"> true <![CDATA[http://fantasysports.yahooapis.com/fantasy/v2/leagues;league_keys=328.l.1352/standings]]> 39 38 0.2.2635 <results/>

Thank you.

• Any updates please?

• Is the fantasy sports data from Yahoo usually stable?

First time trying this out and it is down...seems like it might have been down for a while now. Should I look at another API for supplying fantasy sports data?

• The API itself is stable, I think. I have been developing a new app using it over the last couple of weeks and it has been up the whole time. I basically had to write my own version of the console so that I can see what kind of JSON they API returns for different requests (and, of course, sign them appropriately with my API key).

• This is too much. When will Yahoo Fantasy Sports API work again? Will it work at all? This is a backstab.

• Glad to see this is heavily supported by Yahoo... An open issue since at least May and a "We're looking into it" is the only thing that has been posted by what appears to be a yahoo someone or other. If it is important to you, I would fallow humdinger's lead and create your own console.

I was going to start developing with this API, but I don't feel like taking the time to write a console to figure it out at the moment. The console seems great if it worked though.

• It's working again, thank you.

Recent Posts

in YQL