Examples for Hosted Storage

hi
I have to say I really like YQL, but the most common problem I come across is that the docs hold the info but you have to work at it.
Could we have more examples placed in the docs, and early one that caught me was the 'xpath/itempath' where xpath is used for html and itempath is used for xml.
I particularly would like to see more examples for hosted storage, using update with larger content.
Pete

by
3 Replies
  • QUOTE (Pete @ Sep 24 2010, 01:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    hi
    I have to say I really like YQL, but the most common problem I come across is that the docs hold the info but you have to work at it.
    Could we have more examples placed in the docs, and early one that caught me was the 'xpath/itempath' where xpath is used for html and itempath is used for xml.
    I particularly would like to see more examples for hosted storage, using update with larger content.
    Pete

Hi Pete,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on the YQL Documentation. We will work to get some new examples in the guide that cover the topics you described and more. Please don't hesitate to let us know of any other types of examples you'd like to see in the docs. We are always looking for ways to make them better.

Cheers,
    Susanne
    YDN Documentation
  • QUOTE (Pete @ Sep 24 2010, 01:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    hi
    Pete

Pete, thank you for your feedback on YQL documentation. Can you elaborate more on what specific example you'd like to see using hosted storage? YQL hosted storage is really intended to be used for data that is used within YQL itself, such as the storage of Open Data Tables, environment files, and auth. keys.
  • QUOTE (J@tin @ Sep 29 2010, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Pete, thank you for your feedback on YQL documentation. Can you elaborate more on what specific example you'd like to see using hosted storage? YQL hosted storage is really intended to be used for data that is used within YQL itself, such as the storage of Open Data Tables, environment files, and auth. keys.

I used the hosted storage in a number of ways if I sent you the code would you be able to produce examples using them?

Recent Posts

in YQL