Contacts not retrieved via YQL, Error: "Not available", "new user"

I have a yahoo account where I see no contacts retrieved via YQL even though contacts exist for the account. I'm retrieving contacts using this yql:
"select * from social.contacts where guid=me;"

Using the YQL Console, the contacts are retrieved correctly (yahoo:count="2"). Outside the console though, no contacts are retrieved but no error is shown (yahoo:count="0").

Outside the console, if I try to retrieve one of the contacts directly using the uri shown in the YQL console results then I get an error with description "Not available" and detail "new user".

Does anyone know what that error means?

by
5 Replies
  • I am wondering if you are logged into / authenticated with yahoo while running the query outside of console?<br><br>-- Amrish<br><br><div class="quote"><div class="quotetop">QUOTE<cite>(anonymous @ 19 Sep 2011 8:30 AM)</cite></div><blockquote class="quotemain">I have a yahoo account where I see no contacts retrieved via YQL even though contacts exist for the account. I&#39;m retrieving contacts using this yql:<br>&quot;select * from social.contacts where guid=me;&quot;<br><br>Using the YQL Console, the contacts are retrieved correctly (yahoo:count=&quot;2&quot;). Outside the console though, no contacts are retrieved but no error is shown (yahoo:count=&quot;0&quot;).<br><br>Outside the console, if I try to retrieve one of the contacts directly using the uri shown in the YQL console results then I get an error with description &quot;Not available&quot; and detail &quot;new user&quot;.<br><br>Does anyone know what that error means?</blockquote></div>
    • Sep 22, 2011
    Yes, for sure. The query works fine, it just doesn&#39;t return any contacts.<br><br><div class="quote "><div class="quotetop ">QUOTE<cite>(Amrish @ 20 Sep 2011 11:52 AM)</cite><blockquote class="quotemain">I am wondering if you are logged into / authenticated with yahoo while running the query outside of console?<br><br>-- Amrish<br><br><div class="quote "><div class="quotetop ">QUOTE<cite>(anonymous @ 19 Sep 2011 8:30 AM)</cite><blockquote class="quotemain">I have a yahoo account where I see no contacts retrieved via YQL even though contacts exist for the account. I&#39;m retrieving contacts using this yql:<br>&quot;select * from social.contacts where guid=me;&quot;<br><br>Using the YQL Console, the contacts are retrieved correctly (yahoo:count=&quot;2&quot;). Outside the console though, no contacts are retrieved but no error is shown (yahoo:count=&quot;0&quot;).<br><br>Outside the console, if I try to retrieve one of the contacts directly using the uri shown in the YQL console results then I get an error with description &quot;Not available&quot; and detail &quot;new user&quot;.<br><br>Does anyone know what that error means?</blockquote></div></div></blockquote></div></div>
    • Sep 22, 2011
    ...and other accounts work fine. It&#39;s just this newly created account that was returning &quot;Not available&quot;/&quot;new user&quot; when I tried to retrieve a specific contact (asking for all contacts just returned no contacts with no error). I figure it&#39;s just what it says... there&#39;s some time limit after creating an account before it works. I would just like confirmation and some idea what the time limit is.<br><br><div class="quote "><div class="quotetop ">QUOTE<cite>(Amrish @ 20 Sep 2011 11:52 AM)</cite><blockquote class="quotemain">I am wondering if you are logged into / authenticated with yahoo while running the query outside of console?<br><br>-- Amrish<br><br><div class="quote "><div class="quotetop ">QUOTE<cite>(anonymous @ 19 Sep 2011 8:30 AM)</cite><blockquote class="quotemain">I have a yahoo account where I see no contacts retrieved via YQL even though contacts exist for the account. I&#39;m retrieving contacts using this yql:<br>&quot;select * from social.contacts where guid=me;&quot;<br><br>Using the YQL Console, the contacts are retrieved correctly (yahoo:count=&quot;2&quot;). Outside the console though, no contacts are retrieved but no error is shown (yahoo:count=&quot;0&quot;).<br><br>Outside the console, if I try to retrieve one of the contacts directly using the uri shown in the YQL console results then I get an error with description &quot;Not available&quot; and detail &quot;new user&quot;.<br><br>Does anyone know what that error means?</blockquote></div></div></blockquote></div></div>
  • Hi,<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; I am also facing the same issue with newly created contacts.<br><br>Thanks,<br>Rajesh.K<br><br><div class="quote"><div class="quotetop">QUOTE<cite>( @ 22 Sep 2011 12:02 PM)</cite></div><blockquote class="quotemain">...and other accounts work fine. It&#39;s just this newly created account that was returning &quot;Not available&quot;/&quot;new user&quot; when I tried to retrieve a specific contact (asking for all contacts just returned no contacts with no error). I figure it&#39;s just what it says... there&#39;s some time limit after creating an account before it works. I would just like confirmation and some idea what the time limit is.<br><br><div class="quote "><div class="quotetop ">QUOTE<cite>(Amrish @ 20 Sep 2011 11:52 AM)</cite><blockquote class="quotemain">I am wondering if you are logged into / authenticated with yahoo while running the query outside of console?<br><br>-- Amrish<br><br><div class="quote "><div class="quotetop ">QUOTE<cite>(anonymous @ 19 Sep 2011 8:30 AM)</cite><blockquote class="quotemain">I have a yahoo account where I see no contacts retrieved via YQL even though contacts exist for the account. I&#39;m retrieving contacts using this yql:<br>&quot;select * from social.contacts where guid=me;&quot;<br><br>Using the YQL Console, the contacts are retrieved correctly (yahoo:count=&quot;2&quot;). Outside the console though, no contacts are retrieved but no error is shown (yahoo:count=&quot;0&quot;).<br><br>Outside the console, if I try to retrieve one of the contacts directly using the uri shown in the YQL console results then I get an error with description &quot;Not available&quot; and detail &quot;new user&quot;.<br><br>Does anyone know what that error means?</blockquote></div></div></blockquote></div></div></blockquote></div>
  • Hi,&nbsp;<br><br>We&#39;re also seeing a simliar thing. We offer our users ability to import their Yahoo contacts (OAuth) and we noticed these errors occurring quite often these days.&nbsp;I don&#39;t remember seeing them earlier (e.g. weeks ago) <br><br>I managed to reproduce it by registering a brand new Yahoo account and attempt to import. I am not sure if this is the only scenario that leads to it.<br><br>We will be trying delayed retry to see if we can get any success on these attempts.<br><br>Thanks,<br><br><br><br><div class="quote "><div class="quotetop ">QUOTE<cite>(Arbonnetest @ 22 Sep 2011 12:17 PM)</cite><blockquote class="quotemain">Hi,<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; I am also facing the same issue with newly created contacts.<br><br>Thanks,<br>Rajesh.K<br><br><div class="quote "><div class="quotetop ">QUOTE<cite>( @ 22 Sep 2011 12:02 PM)</cite><blockquote class="quotemain">...and other accounts work fine. It&#39;s just this newly created account that was returning &quot;Not available&quot;/&quot;new user&quot; when I tried to retrieve a specific contact (asking for all contacts just returned no contacts with no error). I figure it&#39;s just what it says... there&#39;s some time limit after creating an account before it works. I would just like confirmation and some idea what the time limit is.<br><br><div class="quote "><div class="quotetop ">QUOTE<cite>(Amrish @ 20 Sep 2011 11:52 AM)</cite><blockquote class="quotemain">I am wondering if you are logged into / authenticated with yahoo while running the query outside of console?<br><br>-- Amrish<br><br><div class="quote "><div class="quotetop ">QUOTE<cite>(anonymous @ 19 Sep 2011 8:30 AM)</cite><blockquote class="quotemain">I have a yahoo account where I see no contacts retrieved via YQL even though contacts exist for the account. I&#39;m retrieving contacts using this yql:<br>&quot;select * from social.contacts where guid=me;&quot;<br><br>Using the YQL Console, the contacts are retrieved correctly (yahoo:count=&quot;2&quot;). Outside the console though, no contacts are retrieved but no error is shown (yahoo:count=&quot;0&quot;).<br><br>Outside the console, if I try to retrieve one of the contacts directly using the uri shown in the YQL console results then I get an error with description &quot;Not available&quot; and detail &quot;new user&quot;.<br><br>Does anyone know what that error means?</blockquote></div></div></blockquote></div></div></blockquote></div></div></blockquote></div></div>

Recent Posts

in YQL