Consumer Key Question

I have registered my Project and have received a consumer key but I don't know how to use this in conjunction with the REST Queries I am calling in my .asp code.  The REST Queries are used to return xml files of yahoo finance data.

Any help will be gratefully received.

by
2 Replies
  • Having read some&nbsp;other&nbsp;posts I am now under the impression I don&#39;t need to use an API key when retreiving Yahoo public finance data.<br>Could someone please confirm?<br><br><div class="quote"><div class="quotetop">QUOTE<cite>(Mark @ 5 Oct 2011 1:01 AM)</cite></div><blockquote class="quotemain">I have registered my Project and have received a consumer key but I don&#39;t know how to use this in conjunction with the REST Queries I am&nbsp;calling in my .asp code.&nbsp; The REST Queries are used to return xml files of yahoo finance data.<br><br>Any help will be gratefully received.<br><br></blockquote></div>
  • Yes. You dont need to add the consumer key for the public api&#39;s. It only needed for OAuth Authorizations.<br><br><div class="quote"><div class="quotetop">QUOTE<cite>(Mark @ 5 Oct 2011 5:11 AM)</cite></div><blockquote class="quotemain">Having read some&nbsp;other&nbsp;posts I am now under the impression I don&#39;t need to use an API key when retreiving Yahoo public finance data.<br>Could someone please confirm?<br><br><div class="quote"><div class="quotetop">QUOTE<cite>(Mark @ 5 Oct 2011 1:01 AM)</cite></div><blockquote class="quotemain">I have registered my Project and have received a consumer key but I don&#39;t know how to use this in conjunction with the REST Queries I am&nbsp;calling in my .asp code.&nbsp; The REST Queries are used to return xml files of yahoo finance data.<br><br>Any help will be gratefully received.<br><br></blockquote></div></blockquote></div>

Recent Posts

in YQL