CakePHP, YQL, Query news feeds

Hi guys,

hope this helps somebody anytime.

After using YQL in a Mashupproject realized in PHP I encounterd difficulties when usign YQL in AJAX calls.
I used the PHP SDK to query RSS news feeds and every first query runs as expected but after the next AJAX call
the PHP SDK showed strange behaviour. I got no results anymore. Therefore I dived deeper into the source
and found the issue.

in OAuth.php Brach version 587
in the function
function get_signable_parameters()
link 308
$keys = array_map(array('OAuthUtil', 'urlencodeRFC3986'), array_keys($params));
caused the problem
After moving urlencodeRFC to the Class OAuthRequest
and calling it like this
$keys = array_map(array($this, 'urlencodeRFC3986'), array_keys($params));
the problem was gone!

Hope this is a solution for you guys.

Greetz Jeremy

by
2 Replies
  • QUOTE (jeremy.solarz@... @ Jan 28 2009, 04:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    After using YQL in a Mashupproject realized in PHP I encounterd difficulties when usign YQL in AJAX calls.
    I used the PHP SDK to query RSS news feeds and every first query runs as expected but after the next AJAX call
    the PHP SDK showed strange behaviour. I got no results anymore. Therefore I dived deeper into the source
    and found the issue.

Jeremy, what YQL calls were you making that caused this? I'd like to try to get a reproducible case so I can add it as a unit test on our end, but I'm not exactly certain that I understand exactly what use case you have. If you can describe what's happening or, even better, if you have code that reproduces the issue that would be immensely helpful.

I mostly want to make sure I understand why moving that method call fixes the problem.
  • Hi Jeremy

Thanks for letting us know. I'll pass this on to the SDK team.

You can also now call YQL directly from Javascript without using OAuth for requests that use public data such as RSS.

Tom
    Yahoo! Developer Network

Recent Posts

in YQL