Any way to host your own?

I'm sure this has been asked a bazillion times, but....

The stuff I need to scrape is on our intranet, I'd like to be able to pull information about our subversion repositories. For obvious reasons, these pages aren't accessible to the outside world, so YQL can't get at them.

Is there *any* way to host your own instance of YQL?

by
5 Replies
  • QUOTE (fn0000rd @ Nov 3 2009, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I'm sure this has been asked a bazillion times, but....

The stuff I need to scrape is on our intranet, I'd like to be able to pull information about our subversion repositories. For obvious reasons, these pages aren't accessible to the outside world, so YQL can't get at them.

Is there *any* way to host your own instance of YQL?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
  • QUOTE (Joel @ Nov 6 2009, 07:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Thanks for the valuable feedback. This isn't possible currently but we'll keep you posted on what we come up with on this front.

-- Nagesh
  • An hosted YQL would be an amazing product which I certainly would push. The power of the technology is simply amazing.
  • Sure, it will be great if we can have a real open ecosystem : open server tools, open data, open tables, open descriptor...
  • QUOTE (Quentin @ Feb 9 2010, 05:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Sure, it will be great if we can have a real open ecosystem : open server tools, open data, open tables, open descriptor...

Hey guys, I think I might have something like that, except it is not open just yet, still looking for a sustainable business model (Maybe Yahoo wants to host it?).

I've got a client run-time, server-runtime(persistence), a set of Very Large components and a tool to configure them, all Java, all in one box, except the DB.
    Check out some screencasts af : www.fancydata.com/competition

Looking for input and suggestions.
    Good luck to everybody, alex@escadron.ca

Recent Posts

in YQL