Yahoo App Small View

Hi. We are working on an app to put in Yahoo Apps. I seem to be having trouble creating the app to display in small view. I place a link in the Application URL field and do a save and preview. However I don't get anything but a blank page. How do I get the app to display in small view?

3 Replies
  • The small view correlates to the "default small view" section of the dashboard. The place for the URL correlates to the expanded view of the application. These two views make up the content of an application.

- Jon
  • QUOTE (Jonathan LeBlanc @ Mar 23 2010, 07:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    The small view correlates to the "default small view" section of the dashboard. The place for the URL correlates to the expanded view of the application. These two views make up the content of an application.

- Jon

Ok so the default small view is the contents and the URL is the canvas view? So to get the live app to work I need to develop a canvas view or expanded view of the app. Is that correct? And once I do this I will be able to test the live version? Also PHP is script is not required I can use any language like HTML, Java, according to the documentation.
  • Yes, you will need both views in order to work with the application. You can individually test each view from the dashboard but to launch an app that would be the only way that it would be accepted into the gallery. You are correct in your other assumption, you can use Java or any other language you'd like, PHP is not required.

- Jon
  • QUOTE (Jonathan LeBlanc @ Mar 23 2010, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Yes, you will need both views in order to work with the application. You can individually test each view from the dashboard but to launch an app that would be the only way that it would be accepted into the gallery. You are correct in your other assumption, you can use Java or any other language you'd like, PHP is not required.

- Jon

We’ve created My Spam Gone (patent pending) software that targets Yahoo! Mail users. We’d now like to create a Yahoo! App that users can put on their home page.

The app will have a small view and a “next” button. The next button takes the user to the Yahoo! Mail login browser based authentication where the login is completed and authorization data is sent back to our server. The next button goes to the following:
    http://myspamgone.com/cgi-bin/LaunchYahooL...ress=NotEntered

A Windows program will use Yahoo SOAP API to communicate with the Yahoo! Mail server. Yahoo! Mail requires the user to login in every two weeks. The app can initiate the login process.

Our product’s biggest success is in rescuing spam messages from the user’s spam folder. To continue with My Spam Gone, the user will be asked to either allow us to attach advertisements to their outgoing email or pay for our services.

The problem I am having now is when I click on the live app I get the message "This application is having problems. Please try again later." I'm testing using the insert small view example in the documentation. I copied the source code to a file, placed it on the server and linked to it, and placed the small view code in the project details.

I'm trying to figure out what step I'm missing or what am I doing wrong.
  • I have a small html file. I placed the url to the file and the following message is what I get.

This application is having problems. Please try again later.

Try again View My Apps
    Debug Messages:

Internal fetch error [url=http://myspamgone.com/YahooApp/insert_small_view.html?view=YahooFullView][reason=[http_code=405]]
This forum is locked.

Recent Posts

in YDN Documentation