target="_blank" gets deleted from small view

Hi,

I'm trying to use target="_blank" in the small view. However, it seems it gets stripped by Caja. I couldn't find anywhere that target="_blank" can't be used in the small view, but the Caja strips it anyway.

I would appreciate if someone could tell me if target="_blank" in links in the small-view or is it a bug.

Thanks,

Guy

by
1 Reply
  • Checking on this...

- Jon

QUOTE (LabPixies @ May 12 2009, 02:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi,

I'm trying to use target="_blank" in the small view. However, it seems it gets stripped by Caja. I couldn't find anywhere that target="_blank" can't be used in the small view, but the Caja strips it anyway.

I would appreciate if someone could tell me if target="_blank" in links in the small-view or is it a bug.

Thanks,

Guy
  • I took a look and verified this issue. I unfortunately don't have a workaround for this at the current time but have filed a bug for the issue (#2754533 for your reference). If I find something that will work I'll let you know.

Jonathan LeBlanc
    Senior Software Engineer
    Yahoo! Developer Network
    Twitter: jcleblanc
  • We don't allow the target attribute in YAP to prevent malicious content from appearing within an application.

We acknowledge that target="_blank" can be useful; however, we have no plans to support that attribute in the near future for security reasons.

Recent Posts

in YAP