tag <yml:friend-selector> stops working for a dev app

I got the following error on a page which includes a YML friend-selector, it was working fine yesterday as of 01/27/09. Can some one please help me on this, I don't see any definition for People object under the document for <yml:friend-selector>

Error processing tag <yml:friend-selector> having attributes:Array
(
[uid] => viewer
[name] => to
[multiple] => true
[size] => 10
)
- People object not available.

by
11 Replies
  • Hi CocoBean,

Are you currently seeing this issue? I just testing out the following: <yml:friend-selector uid="viewer" /> and it seemed to load up well for me. If it is, can you see if setting a specific GUID instead of just "viewer" will work (e.g. <yml:friend-selector uid="GUID HERE" />)

Jonathan LeBlanc
    Senior Software Engineer
    Yahoo! Developer Network

QUOTE (CocoBean @ Jan 28 2009, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I got the following error on a page which includes a YML friend-selector, it was working fine yesterday as of 01/27/09. Can some one please help me on this, I don't see any definition for People object under the document for <yml:friend-selector>

(
    [uid] => viewer
    [name] => to
    [multiple] => true
    [size] => 10
    )
  • QUOTE (Jon @ Jan 28 2009, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi CocoBean,

Are you currently seeing this issue? I just testing out the following: <yml:friend-selector uid="viewer" /> and it seemed to load up well for me. If it is, can you see if setting a specific GUID instead of just "viewer" will work (e.g. <yml:friend-selector uid="GUID HERE" />)

Jonathan LeBlanc
    Senior Software Engineer
    Yahoo! Developer Network

I've tried with different options: 1) without uid param, 2) with uid="MY_GUID" 3) uid="viewer". None of them working. I've tested this yesterday on my app. It used to work.

You can check it out at my dev app: http://apps.yahoo.com/-9oqC1j78
  • I took a look at your app (and went to the invite section) and the friend selector seems to be viewing fine for me (I'm seeing my full friend list). Are you able to replicate the problem if you log in with a different id? Are your connections experiencing the same problem with the app?

QUOTE (CocoBean @ Jan 28 2009, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I've tried with different options: 1) without uid param, 2) with uid="MY_GUID" 3) uid="viewer". None of them working. I've tested this yesterday on my app. It used to work.

• QUOTE (CocoBean @ Jan 28 2009, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It seems to be broken for my CocoBean ID (the developer of the app). Now it displays "No friends found" even tough I do have 2 connections. I tried log out login again, still no luck. Is there a cache should be cleaned somewhere?
  • Hello CocoBean,

I believe we have seen one person reporting that they suddenly lost the ability to access friend data, but we did not have id's / details to follow up on that. The solution that they had was to remove and re-add the application for their user id. Can you please try removing the app and then re-adding it. If that fixes the issue then I'll have the details / verifications steps to file a bug.

Thanks.

Jonathan LeBlanc
    Senior Software Engineer
    Yahoo! Developer Network

QUOTE (CocoBean @ Jan 28 2009, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    It seems to be broken for my CocoBean ID (the developer of the app). Now it displays "No friends found" even tough I do have 2 connections. I tried log out login again, still no luck. Is there a cache should be cleaned somewhere?
  • QUOTE (Jon @ Jan 29 2009, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hello CocoBean,

I believe we have seen one person reporting that they suddenly lost the ability to access friend data, but we did not have id's / details to follow up on that. The solution that they had was to remove and re-add the application for their user id. Can you please try removing the app and then re-adding it. If that fixes the issue then I'll have the details / verifications steps to file a bug.

Thanks.

Jonathan LeBlanc
    Senior Software Engineer
    Yahoo! Developer Network

Hi Jonathan,

The problem was fixed after I removed and re-added the application.
  • QUOTE (CocoBean @ Jan 29 2009, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi Jonathan,

The problem was fixed after I removed and re-added the application.

Thanks for letting us know! I've filed a bug for this behavior and we will be investigating further.

QUOTE (CocoBean @ Jan 29 2009, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Is that possible to link them together?

Just did.
  • I got the following error on a page which includes a YML friend-selector, it was working fine yesterday as of 01/27/09.

(
    [uid] => viewer
    [name] => to
    [multiple] => true
    [size] => 10
    )

url to my project: http://apps.yahoo.com/-9oqC1j78

Can some one please help me on this, I don't see any definition for People object under the document for <yml:friend-selector>
  • QUOTE (CocoBean @ Jan 28 2009, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I got the following error on a page which includes a YML friend-selector, it was working fine yesterday as of 01/27/09.

(
    [uid] => viewer
    [name] => to
    [multiple] => true
    [size] => 10
    )

url to my project: http://apps.yahoo.com/-9oqC1j78

Can some one please help me on this, I don't see any definition for People object under the document for <yml:friend-selector>

I am trying to duplicate the issue, but am having trouble. Can you copy/paste the original source? I tried the following and it worked as expected:
    CODE
    <yml:friend-selector uid="viewer" multiple="true" size="10" />
  • QUOTE (Dustin Whittle @ Jan 28 2009, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I am trying to duplicate the issue, but am having trouble. Can you copy/paste the original source? I tried the following and it worked as expected:
    CODE
    <yml:friend-selector uid="viewer" multiple="true" size="10" />

<!-- HTML that would be within the <Content> gadget XML: -->
    <div id='yap-app'>
    <h1>${invite_title}</h1>
    <p><input type="text" name="snapshot" value="${root_url}/${invite.img}" />
    <yml:message params="message_landing.php" view="YahooFullView" insert="success">
    <yml:friend-selector uid="viewer" name="to" multiple="true" size="10" />
    <input type="hidden" name="image" value="${root_url}/${invite.img}" />
    <input type="hidden" name="subject" value="${invite_title}" />
    <input type="hidden" name="body" value="${invite_body}" />
    <input type="image" src="${root_url}/hotdeploy/us/community/socialapps/yahoo/scrabble_lite/img/btn-invitefriends.gif" name="submit" alt="invite">

</yml:message>

<yml:a view="YahooFullView"> Go to Game </yml:a>

</div>

The above div is wrapped inside a <table> with 2 columns.
  • QUOTE (CocoBean @ Jan 28 2009, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    <!-- HTML that would be within the <Content> gadget XML: -->
    <div id='yap-app'>
    <h1>${invite_title}</h1>
    <p><input type="text" name="snapshot" value="${root_url}/${invite.img}" />
    <yml:message params="message_landing.php" view="YahooFullView" insert="success">
    <input type="hidden" name="image" value="${root_url}/${invite.img}" />
    <input type="hidden" name="subject" value="${invite_title}" />
    <input type="hidden" name="body" value="${invite_body}" />
    <input type="image" src="${root_url}/hotdeploy/us/community/socialapps/yahoo/scrabble_lite/img/btn-invitefriends.gif" name="submit" alt="invite">

</div>

The above div is wrapped inside a <table> with 2 columns.

Unfortunately, I am still unable to reproduce. Here is the exact code I used which worked:

CODE
        <div id='yap-app'>
    <h1>title</h1>
    <input type="text" name="snapshot" value="url" />
    <input type="hidden" name="image" value="image" />
    <input type="hidden" name="subject" value="title" />
    <input type="hidden" name="body" value="body" />
    <input type="image" src="image" name="submit" alt="invite">

</div>

Can you reply with the complete markup that causes the error? Does the viewer you are trying have connections?
  • QUOTE (Dustin Whittle @ Jan 29 2009, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Unfortunately, I am still unable to reproduce. Here is the exact code I used which worked:

CODE
        <div id='yap-app'>
    <h1>title</h1>

</div>

Can you reply with the complete markup that causes the error? Does the viewer you are trying have connections?

it seems this error only happens to my account CocoBean which is the developer of the app. Now it displays "no friends found" instead of blank. It used to show 2 friends on the list when I tested couple of days ago.
  • QUOTE (Dustin Whittle @ Jan 29 2009, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

CODE
        <div id='yap-app'>
    <h1>title</h1>

</div>

Please see my reply on this topic: http://developer.yahoo.net/forum/index.php...&#entry2027
  • Hi CocoBean,

The bug for the yml:message problem has just been closed and rolled out, so this should now be fixed. Please let us know if you continue to experience problems.

Thanks,
    Jon

QUOTE (CocoBean @ Jan 29 2009, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Please see my reply on this topic: http://developer.yahoo.net/forum/index.php...&#entry2027
  • it seems this error only happens to my account CocoBean which is the developer of the app. Now it displays "no friends found" instead of blank. It used to show 2 friends on the list when I tested couple of days ago. And I checked on some other app, which does show 2 friends on the list.

Recent Posts

in YAP