dear Yahoo

Hello, I would like to request that you please put a way to access Yahoo Groups on to one of the multiple front pages I seem to experience now. I can't add it as an 'app'; the other day it was in the 'Recommended' list but now it isn't. This is incredibly annoying that I can't access your content through your front-end. I should have bookmarked it on this computer a long time ago but always just went through your front-end and now I'm stuck.

Also, I think maybe the m.yahoo.com means you have detected a mobile device in use? I'm not sure. It comes up that way for me, but I am on dial-up. Yes, we still exist, especially way out here in the middle of nowhere. If you would like to get a bit of our traffic you could consider catering to us a little bit. I would think it wouldn't be too hard to detect someone using dial-up connection rates and simplify a page just for them.

In the mean time I doubt I will be back to this forum to look and see what happens, I just want to read my Yahoo Group today and I think my dinner just burned on the stove trying to figure out a way to load the darn thing. Thank you very little. But seriously, I have used Yahoo for 6+ years and this is suddenly extra frustrating.

by
2 Replies
  • Brian,

Please let the Frontpage team know, this forum is for developers. You can reach them at help.yahoo.com (click on Yahoo! Homepage-->click on Contact Us). They'll want to hear your suggestions.

For the w in front of the homepage, I don't think it refers to mobile, I think it's just the way we send people to the new page, I could be wrong here, so feel free to ask the Frontpage team that as well.

Sorry for the frustration, I wish I could help, but I don't work on that team and I have no way to implement changes on their product.

Thanks for using Yahoo!, and for caring enough to send us your suggestions.

Robyn
  • QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 2 2009, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hello, I would like to request that you please put a way to access Yahoo Groups on to one of the multiple front pages I seem to experience now. I can't add it as an 'app'; the other day it was in the 'Recommended' list but now it isn't. This is incredibly annoying that I can't access your content through your front-end. I should have bookmarked it on this computer a long time ago but always just went through your front-end and now I'm stuck.

Also, I think maybe the m.yahoo.com means you have detected a mobile device in use? I'm not sure. It comes up that way for me, but I am on dial-up. Yes, we still exist, especially way out here in the middle of nowhere. If you would like to get a bit of our traffic you could consider catering to us a little bit. I would think it wouldn't be too hard to detect someone using dial-up connection rates and simplify a page just for them.

In the mean time I doubt I will be back to this forum to look and see what happens, I just want to read my Yahoo Group today and I think my dinner just burned on the stove trying to figure out a way to load the darn thing. Thank you very little. But seriously, I have used Yahoo for 6+ years and this is suddenly extra frustrating.

Hi Brian,

The easiest way for you to reach Groups from the homepage is like this:
    1. visit m.www.yahoo.com
    2: Hover over the 'View Yahoo! Sites' link on the top left of the PA - this is the term we use to describe the list of links which users personalise - Personal Applications
    3: You will then see a link to 'GROUPS' - you can click this link
    4: If you are Signed in to Yahoo! you can also click the little + icon next to the GROUPS link, this will then add GROUPS as a link on the PA.

Hope that helps. As far as the m.www.yahoo.com this is not for mobile but is a temporary home for the new version. There is a 'LIGHTER' page that you can use, called COMPACT view, this maybe better for someone on Dial Up.

1: Visit m.www.yahoo.com
    2: There is a 'PAGE OPTIONS' link on the top right, if you click this and choose - 'Switch to compact view'

Hope that helps
    Ben

Recent Posts

in YAP