Weird behivior in chrome

Hi,

I've encountered a very strange behavior under Google Chrome. If I look at the small view (profile) of my app in the preview it looks just perfect, but when I test it on live my.yahoo.com I encounter the strange behavior. Firefox and IE display the app correctly, but under Chrome it seems all css styles except inline ones are completely ignored. No way to use classes of id based selectors.

Does anybody encountered a similar thing? Is this a bug or am I missing something important?

Thanks,

Guy

by
0 Replies
  • Unfortunately this has been an on-going style bug in chrome. The YAP team is aware of the issue but I'm going to search through the bug queue to make sure that this is on their list. Since Chrome is not one of the A-Grade browsers supported (http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/articles/gbs/) it may take longer to push this bug through.

The problem, as you have mentioned, is with style blocks being ignored by the browser. The only method I have found for getting around this (as you also mentioned) is the embed the style descriptors in the nodes.

I'll see what I can do to track down where this bug resides in the queue.

Jonathan LeBlanc
    Senior Software Engineer
    Yahoo! Developer Network
    Twitter: jcleblanc

QUOTE (LabPixies @ Apr 21 2009, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi,

I've encountered a very strange behavior under Google Chrome. If I look at the small view (profile) of my app in the preview it looks just perfect, but when I test it on live my.yahoo.com I encounter the strange behavior. Firefox and IE display the app correctly, but under Chrome it seems all css styles except inline ones are completely ignored. No way to use classes of id based selectors.

Does anybody encountered a similar thing? Is this a bug or am I missing something important?

Thanks,

Guy

Recent Posts

in YAP