Passing owner guid in a yml:a tag

I basically would like to be able to differentiate the owner of the app versus the viewer of the app. I know that I have the if-owner options but basically in the small view I want to link back to a full view showing information related to the owner of the app not the person who just clicked.

There is apparently a getOwner on the YahooSession class but I haven't been able to really test that properly since even after installing an application I can't get another user to actually view my small view.

... on another topic, I couldn't get setSmallView to work. I'm always getting a null response on the "put" call.

by
4 Replies
  • QUOTE (Jerome @ Oct 28 2008, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I basically would like to be able to differentiate the owner of the app versus the viewer of the app. I know that I have the if-owner options but basically in the small view I want to link back to a full view showing information related to the owner of the app not the person who just clicked.

There is apparently a getOwner on the YahooSession class but I haven't been able to really test that properly since even after installing an application I can't get another user to actually view my small view.

... on another topic, I couldn't get setSmallView to work. I'm always getting a null response on the "put" call.

Hi Jerome,

Unfortunately, there is no way for another user to view your Small View yet. Because of this, setSmallView does not yet work. It will be functional when Small Views are made available to end users.

You've got the right idea: use yml:visible-to-owner to show a yml:a link with params to tell your app to show the view of owner-related info, which can be done without using setSmallView.
  • QUOTE (Jerome @ Oct 28 2008, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can do this by hardcoding in the yml:a link to your full page the owner guid - When the viewer clicks on the link in the small view, he will be directed to the full page view, in which we pass you the viewer guid and you'll get as well the yml:a param you set in the small view.
    hope this helps,

I'm told the latest SDK has setSmallView working.

hope this helps,

X
  • QUOTE (Xav @ Nov 6 2008, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    You can do this by hardcoding in the yml:a link to your full page the owner guid - When the viewer clicks on the link in the small view, he will be directed to the full page view, in which we pass you the viewer guid and you'll get as well the yml:a param you set in the small view.
    hope this helps,

I'm told the latest SDK has setSmallView working.

hope this helps,

X

Just to confirm you can set the small view but it does not seem to show anywhere outside of the dev sample tool.
  • QUOTE (HenryS @ Nov 21 2008, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Just to confirm you can set the small view but it does not seem to show anywhere outside of the dev sample tool.

You can view the small view as well in the canvas for now:
    http://apps.yahoo.com/-APPID/YahooSmallView

Stay tuned and very soon you'll have a place to see it in a Yahoo! property. :-)

Recent Posts

in YAP