Does YAP Support IE6?

I searched the forum for "ie6" and didn't find anything (is three letters too short?), so forgive me if this has already been asked. The canvas view of any YAP app that I try to visit in IE6 will never finish loading. It just shows the "loading" animation and a JS error occurs that says "Access Denied."

Is YAP IE7+ only?

3 Replies
  • hmmm that was a new issue - at least one I was not aware of. I wanted to make sure that this was not an issue so I loaded up the dashboard in IE6. Although I didn't see any of the lockup issues, none of the dashboard styles are applied. I'll see if I can find anyone else around here with IE6 installed to give it a test run and see if they can reproduce these problems.

Jonathan LeBlanc
    Technology Evangelist
    Yahoo! Developer Network
    Twitter: jcleblanc
  • I spoke with one of the engineers on the dashboard team about the issue. He was not aware of an issue with IE6 either so he'll delve further to see what might be causing these problems. In the meantime I would recommend switching to another browser for working with the dashboard until the problem can be fixed.

- Jon
  • No problem, I was just starting our cross-browser testing. If it helps, I'm using IE6 from MS's testing image (which is XP SP3):
    http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/details...;displaylang=en

QUOTE (Jonathan LeBlanc @ Sep 17 2009, 06:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I spoke with one of the engineers on the dashboard team about the issue. He was not aware of an issue with IE6 either so he'll delve further to see what might be causing these problems. In the meantime I would recommend switching to another browser for working with the dashboard until the problem can be fixed.

- Jon
  • My apologies, one of the engineers brought up something about this post. The problem I ran into was indeed with the app itself in IE6 - the loading was displayed way below the fold correct? He has re-opened a bug on this so it'll be reviewed on the app platform. I'll add your info to the bug.

- Jon
  • Actually, the error I'm (still) seeing is that the app just never loads. In IE6, the "Loading" animation just spins indefinitely.

QUOTE (Jonathan LeBlanc @ Sep 17 2009, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    My apologies, one of the engineers brought up something about this post. The problem I ran into was indeed with the app itself in IE6 - the loading was displayed way below the fold correct? He has re-opened a bug on this so it'll be reviewed on the app platform. I'll add your info to the bug.

- Jon
  • This is probably a problem with your security settings - specifically the Security setting, “Navigate sub-frames across different domains” is Disabled.

Setting this to Enabled results in no JS errors, and the apps load. By default, the IE6 security level is Medium, which defaults to having this setting enabled. To see the Security setting, go to Tools->Internet Options->Security tab->Custom level button, then scroll down until you see “Navigate sub-frames across different domains”.

Recent Posts

in YAP