International login problem

MyY! has had a login problem since last year: I'm in Japan and I have not been able to sign-in to MyYahoo (.com version) unless I first delete all yahoo.com cookies from my browser. Otherwise the site responds to my login just as if I have not logged in. And guess what, both the regular and the INTERNATIONAL Sign in & Registration Help Form appear to rely on properly functioning cookies to be able to send the form. Since cookies were the problem to start with, Yahoo! is not able to get feedback from people with this problem. Nice self-created blind spot.

The .co.jp site had the same login issue for a short while but that was fixed quickly.

Using Firefox 3.0.10, set to accept cookies. no extensions that are deleting the cookies (as noted, I can't login UNLESS I delete the yahoo.com cookies).

The knowledge base apparently has the login problem noted as a known issue for international users and states that the problem is expected to be solved within 24 hours. That knowledge base note is 7 months old...

Any suggestions anyone?

by
0 Replies
  • Hi Elvin - please see this thread for help information: http://developer.yahoo.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1716

- Jon

QUOTE (Elvin @ May 22 2009, 03:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    MyY! has had a login problem since last year: I'm in Japan and I have not been able to sign-in to MyYahoo (.com version) unless I first delete all yahoo.com cookies from my browser. Otherwise the site responds to my login just as if I have not logged in. And guess what, both the regular and the INTERNATIONAL Sign in & Registration Help Form appear to rely on properly functioning cookies to be able to send the form. Since cookies were the problem to start with, Yahoo! is not able to get feedback from people with this problem. Nice self-created blind spot.

The .co.jp site had the same login issue for a short while but that was fixed quickly.

Using Firefox 3.0.10, set to accept cookies. no extensions that are deleting the cookies (as noted, I can't login UNLESS I delete the yahoo.com cookies).

The knowledge base apparently has the login problem noted as a known issue for international users and states that the problem is expected to be solved within 24 hours. That knowledge base note is 7 months old...

Any suggestions anyone?

Recent Posts

in YAP