How to tell if someone accepted an app invitation

When someone first adds our app, is there a way to tell whether they are responding to an invitation from another user?

It would be nice if there were an additional request parameter sent to our server in the first request when someone authorizes the app, such as &inviter_guid=....

by
0 Replies
  • I don't believe there is a method in place to pass a "newly installed" flag on an apps first install by a user from an invite instance. I haven't tried this out myself but I believe several developers have used a custom yml:message e-mail to forward a user to the app page with a query string param at the end to read in - that param would be the guid of the user who invited them. Something like that may work in this instance.

Jonathan LeBlanc
    Senior Software Engineer
    Yahoo! Developer Network
    Twitter: jcleblanc

QUOTE (Jared @ Jun 10 2009, 01:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    When someone first adds our app, is there a way to tell whether they are responding to an invitation from another user?

It would be nice if there were an additional request parameter sent to our server in the first request when someone authorizes the app, such as &inviter_guid=....

Recent Posts

in YAP