Contacts paradox

I feel I must be reading the specs incorrectly, because something is not making sense to me.
Through the OAuth protocol and the Yahoo! Application Platform, we can obtain (with the user's permission) the entire contents of the user's address book, including email addresses and phone numbers. This is quite a lot of information. However, there does not seem to be any way to obtain the user's own email address and full name.
I can see how to get the user's public profile, but that just includes a display name and does not include an email address.

Am I missing something?
Thanks.
-Eddie

by
0 Replies
  • Hi Eddie,

The information that is exposed by the social directory api is limited to the profile information about the user, where as the contact's api will only link to the user's address book, which will be far less reliable. You can get the name of the current user but the phone number / e-mail are not exposed through the API calls.

- Jon

QUOTE (Eddie @ Mar 17 2009, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I feel I must be reading the specs incorrectly, because something is not making sense to me.
    Through the OAuth protocol and the Yahoo! Application Platform, we can obtain (with the user's permission) the entire contents of the user's address book, including email addresses and phone numbers. This is quite a lot of information. However, there does not seem to be any way to obtain the user's own email address and full name.
    I can see how to get the user's public profile, but that just includes a display name and does not include an email address.

Am I missing something?
    Thanks.
    -Eddie

Recent Posts

in YAP