Consumer Key migrataiton between domains

I have plenty of users using my application hosted at example.com . I want to move my app to newdomain.com .

OAuth isn't accepting a callback on newdomain.com for my existing key, and a new key can't use the access tokens granted from the previous key.

I can't make all my users re-authenticate.

Can YAP handle this?

by
2 Replies
  • QUOTE (Paul Tarjan @ Nov 13 2009, 01:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I have plenty of users using my application hosted at example.com . I want to move my app to newdomain.com .

OAuth isn't accepting a callback on newdomain.com for my existing key, and a new key can't use the access tokens granted from the previous key.

I can't make all my users re-authenticate.

Can YAP handle this?

OAuth is for apps that run on your site, or for linking your site with yahoo accounts. YAP apps run on the Yahoo! network and may not be right for your app. Yes, for yap applications you can change the full view url for your site. If you update the permissions you will need to update your consumer key.
  • QUOTE (Dustin Whittle @ Nov 13 2009, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    OAuth is for apps that run on your site, or for linking your site with yahoo accounts. YAP apps run on the Yahoo! network and may not be right for your app. Yes, for yap applications you can change the full view url for your site. If you update the permissions you will need to update your consumer key.

ok, moving to oauth forum.

Recent Posts

in YAP