Compatablity View

Can anyoe tell me how to get my home page to stop trying to open in compatablity view. I have tried taking it off of the list but it keeps putting itself back on. When expandable windows are opened on the home page it shuts itself down with a comatability view error message. Any help appreciated!

by
2 Replies
  • QUOTE (Window Shark @ Oct 8 2009, 06:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Can anyoe tell me how to get my home page to stop trying to open in compatablity view. I have tried taking it off of the list but it keeps putting itself back on. When expandable windows are opened on the home page it shuts itself down with a comatability view error message. Any help appreciated!

No I can't answer your question, hell I can't even get my home page back.
  • I would try from the begining...Your URL address in Internet Properties...Maybe something added to it.

-Go to Control Panel>Internet Properties. "Home page" url address should be highlighted on top of display window.
    -use the url address for calling up Your Browser Only! Should look like: "http:/www.yahoo.com" ,without qoutes.
    -or use "blank" by clicking onto "Use Blank" tab, and enter your url address manually everytime, whether it be IE, Firefox/Mozilla, CNN.com, ABC2NEWS.com, etc.

-For your desired homepage, that You've set up, right click anywhere in the display window of the homepage. On bottom of shortcut menu that displays, click Properties, and copy the URL shown after "Address". Paste it to the homepage address box, apply it, test it out.

-this would also fix anyone loosing their hompage by entering the URL for automatic accessing.

Hope this works for ya's...

Recent Posts

in YAP