Caja stips certain css properties in SmallView?

Hi,

I'm trying to use the position and line-height css properties in the smallview of my application. However it seems that Caja just strips those properties from my stylesheets (I tried putting the css code both inline and in <style> tags).

Is it a bug or is it done on purpose? (I just can't see what can be malicious about line-height)

Thanks,

Guy

by
0 Replies
  • Hi Guy,

This was originally put in place as a security measure against floating elements outside the container of an application (re. absolute positioning) and hijacking components on my.yahoo...among other things. I filed a bug for this last week and safe adjustments for the container are currently in the works so hopefully the next platform release should incorporate positioning tags again. I was not aware that line-height was being stripped, but I'll look into it further and file a bug if it is. For now, the best thing to do is to build the small view without those style attributes as I don't have an ETA on the bug fix releases.

Thanks for letting us know about these.

Jonathan LeBlanc
    Senior Software Engineer
    Yahoo! Developer Network

QUOTE (LabPixies @ Mar 28 2009, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi,

I'm trying to use the position and line-height css properties in the smallview of my application. However it seems that Caja just strips those properties from my stylesheets (I tried putting the css code both inline and in <style> tags).

Is it a bug or is it done on purpose? (I just can't see what can be malicious about line-height)

Thanks,

Guy
  • Just to follow up, I ran the following line-height test and it seemed to load correctly and not be stripped:

CODE
    <div style="line-height:30px">
    this is a test<br />
    testing 1 2 3<br />
    la di da
    </div>

- Jon

Recent Posts

in YAP