Authenticating a user using Yahoo mail api

Folks!

I would like to build a yahoo mail application using yahoo mail api. This is a very simple and basic application with only two main functions:

1- Authenticate user
2- Send an email message

This application is to be integrated with a legacy code which uses C language.

After going through the API functions list, I think I understand how to make the second function.

However, I am not sure how to authenticate the user given username and password. It will be a great help if someone can provide a pointer to some resource or code examples using C/C++.

Thanks in advance.

--
Adnan

by
0 Replies
  • I don't know of any off hand but you may want to post to the Yahoo! Mail answer group at http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/index?link=ov...p;sid=396546091, they may have some resources for C/C++ development of Mail apps.

- Jon

QUOTE (AQKHAN @ Jul 11 2009, 03:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Folks!

I would like to build a yahoo mail application using yahoo mail api. This is a very simple and basic application with only two main functions:

1- Authenticate user
    2- Send an email message

This application is to be integrated with a legacy code which uses C language.

After going through the API functions list, I think I understand how to make the second function.

However, I am not sure how to authenticate the user given username and password. It will be a great help if someone can provide a pointer to some resource or code examples using C/C++.

Thanks in advance.

--
    Adnan

Recent Posts

in YAP