venue.add returning a 500 error

I am working on a project thats using the Upcoming API and i have been having a problem with the venue.add method.
I dont know what the problem is as the response doesnt return any information about the error (other than it being an Internal Error: 500)
I am adding all the values i need to as i have tested taking 1 out and it returns a 409 (as it should)

Is there anything else i can do to find what the problem is?

4 Replies
  • Hi,
    I'm having the same problem. Whenever I call add.venue with non empty location argument server returns code 500.

When I call add.venue without location I get very general code 409.

Is the syntax of this argument the same as in venue.search ? From documentation:
    "
    This may either be formatted as a comma-separated latitude and longitude (i.e. "37.821, -111.179"), or a fulltext location similar to the following:

* City, State
    * City, State, Zip
    * Zip
    * Street, City, State
    * Street, City, State, Zip
    * Street, Zip
    "
    Thank you,
    Michal
  • Hi,
    I've tried omitting location argument with metro_id as specified in docs. But I'm still getting code 500 error in HTTP response header. This is an example of my POST reuest:

http://upcoming.yahooapis.com/services/res...4&privacy=1

Could someone from Yahoo confirm that the service is online and working as it should?
    Thanks
    Michal
  • Hi,

good to see I'm not the only one who has this problem...

I use all required arguments specified in the docs (including location and metro_id), but still, only Internal Server Error 500.
    would be great if yahoo could confirm if the service is up.

Thanks
    Bjorge
  • Hi all - We are looking into it now. -Elsa
This forum is locked.

Recent Posts

in Upcoming API - General Questions