How long before receiving a response for commercial api key?

I've sent a few requests now over the past 2+ weeks for a commercial api key for upcoming yahoo and gotten no response. I've sent the requests using this page http://developer.yahoo.com/register/ . Any idea how long before I'll hear back from anyone?

by
14 Replies
  • Jay,

I'm the one who gets all those emails and I've been a bit behind, though the process does normally take 2-4 weeks. I'll make sure to get your email to the right place by end of day. That should get you an answer early next week.

Sorry about that,
    Robyn
  • Jay, please email me with your API request to upcoming-support@yahoo-inc.com and include information about your site such as traffic data and nature of the business.

Thanks,
    Elsa
  • Hey Nik,

Did you write me with the details we need to approve your API key?

Elsa

QUOTE (Elsa @ Dec 11 2009, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Jay, please email me with your API request to upcoming-support@yahoo-inc.com and include information about your site such as traffic data and nature of the business.

Thanks,
    Elsa
  • QUOTE (Elsa @ Jan 7 2010, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hey Nik,

Elsa

Hi Elsa

Indeed! I also replied to your message that was routed to you via YDN here in the UK a couple of days ago. Look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers!

-N
  • Hey Nik,

Saw your email in my Inbox. Replying you now.

Cheers,
    Elsa

QUOTE (Nik @ Jan 10 2010, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi Elsa

Indeed! I also replied to your message that was routed to you via YDN here in the UK a couple of days ago. Look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers!

-N
  • QUOTE (Elsa @ Jan 7 2010, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hey Nik,

Elsa

Elsa,

I applied for one too last week. I have developed a blackberry app for Upcoming and I was planning to give it away as freeware. In spite of that, I still applied for a commercial so that it would be useful, if I change my mind. Can I get a commercial key soon ?
  • Hi Elsa

If it's OK, I'll also drop you a note. I applied back in the summer, and never heard anything back:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/yws-events/message/337

Thanks!

Nik
  • Are commercial keys still being provided? I registered for one a few weeks ago and received no response.
  • Hi Paul,

Our Upcoming API is available for sites to use for non-monetizing purposes. We allow one hit per second with maximum hit of 5000/day. If you need further information, please email us - upcoming-support@yahoo-inc.com

Cheers,
    Elsa
  • HI,
    I am Atul,

I have also submited enquiry request around 1 week back. Mostly we are looking for enterprise contract with Yahoo. I am working for American Express.
    Based on your response, I will update senior membership to look in this. Later on they will talk with you for this contract.

Please do update me how long it will take to get response from Yahoo team.
  • Hi Atul,

Which email did you send your request to? I haven't seen any. Please contact me directly - elsac at yahoo-inc.com.

Elsa
    The Upcoming Team

QUOTE (atul @ Aug 5 2010, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    HI,
    I am Atul,

I have also submited enquiry request around 1 week back. Mostly we are looking for enterprise contract with Yahoo. I am working for American Express.
    Based on your response, I will update senior membership to look in this. Later on they will talk with you for this contract.

Please do update me how long it will take to get response from Yahoo team.
  • QUOTE (El @ Aug 5 2010, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi Atul,

Which email did you send your request to? I haven't seen any. Please contact me directly - elsac at yahoo-inc.com.

Elsa
    The Upcoming Team

Just now dropped email to elsac@yahoo-inc.com from email id. atul.ray@aexp.com
  • QUOTE (atul @ Aug 5 2010, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Just now dropped email to elsac@yahoo-inc.com from email id. atul.ray@aexp.com

Hi Elsa,

Let me know whether you got my email or not ?? How long it will take to respond.
  • QUOTE (atul @ Aug 6 2010, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi Elsa,

Let me know whether you got my email or not ?? How long it will take to respond.

Hi Elsa,

I have not recieved any response from Vinod, Can you please provide us some contact number where we can have discussion.
    We are getting behind with our project delieverables. Let us know if yahoo team is ready for discussion. or else we will start our discussion with other vendors. Even we started our discussion with Review Providers.

Apreciate if you could respond promptly!!

Thanks!
This forum is locked.

Recent Posts

in Upcoming API - General Questions