core.canNotInstall

I keep getting this error whenever I try any of the demos.

I've got BrowserPlus installed. Tried the demos in both safari and FF on mac os x.

Any ideas?

by
5 Replies
  • QUOTE (jimneath@ymail.com @ Oct 29 2008, 08:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I keep getting this error whenever I try any of the demos.

I've got BrowserPlus installed. Tried the demos in both safari and FF on mac os x.

Any ideas?

I also cannot use BP in FF, but I am using FF3.0 on Windows XP Pro.
    I get no error messages, except the "BrowserPlus is not installed" text on the BP site.
    I am using it in a corporate environment - is it possible that a group policy is disabling BP in FF? I can install FF plugins, and BP works here in IE...
  • QUOTE (pashathebear @ Oct 29 2008, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I also cannot use BP in FF, but I am using FF3.0 on Windows XP Pro.
    I get no error messages, except the "BrowserPlus is not installed" text on the BP site.
    I am using it in a corporate environment - is it possible that a group policy is disabling BP in FF? I can install FF plugins, and BP works here in IE...

Interesting. What do you see when you visit our installation page here:
    http://browserplus.yahoo.com/install

The general idea of the site is that when you visit a section that "gets better with browserplus" you're redirected to that install page. The exception is the photo uploader demo which will walk you through the installation in page.

curious to hear your experience,
    lloyd
  • QUOTE (Lloyd Hilaiel @ Oct 29 2008, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Interesting. What do you see when you visit our installation page here:
    http://browserplus.yahoo.com/install

The general idea of the site is that when you visit a section that "gets better with browserplus" you're redirected to that install page. The exception is the photo uploader demo which will walk you through the installation in page.

curious to hear your experience,
    lloyd

Hi Lloyd, after reading this thread I remembered I had multiple versions of FF installed. After I copied the BP dll to the plugin folders of all versions of FF, the problem has resolved itself.

Cheers,

Ade
  • You wouldn't happen to be on a PPC mac, would you?

lloyd
  • Hey Ade,

Thanks for working through that and reporting your experience. We already have a fix for the multiple/non-standard firefox installation issues and should be pushing an update shortly.

best,
    lloyd
This forum is locked.

Recent Posts

in Support & General Questions