Yahoo Plus Lurking About

I was surprised to find BrowserPlus installed on my computer. I asked my wife if she installed anything and she said, "no." I took a look at the config app and could not find any creditable identification as to what company was responsible for the software. I looked at the control panel's "install/uninstall software" and found it listed as "Yahoo - BrowserPlus."

I was convinced that that it was spyware masquerading as a Yahoo app. Since I was offline due to a storm, I could not check out my suspicions. Therefore, I uninstalled BrowserPlus.

Yahoo, take note, you need to CLEARLY identify yourself in the config app. You should also include the EULA and TOS in the config app. Yahoo, when you visit my computer, use the doorbell and don’t dress like a criminal.

by
1 Reply
  • QUOTE (John Morgan @ Sep 8 2010, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I was surprised to find BrowserPlus installed on my computer. I asked my wife if she installed anything and she said, "no." I took a look at the config app and could not find any creditable identification as to what company was responsible for the software. I looked at the control panel's "install/uninstall software" and found it listed as "Yahoo - BrowserPlus."

I was convinced that that it was spyware masquerading as a Yahoo app. Since I was offline due to a storm, I could not check out my suspicions. Therefore, I uninstalled BrowserPlus.

Yahoo, take note, you need to CLEARLY identify yourself in the config app. You should also include the EULA and TOS in the config app. Yahoo, when you visit my computer, use the doorbell and don’t dress like a criminal.

Thank you, John. We understand your point and agree that the Yahoo/BrowserPlus connection should be more prominent. We have been working on a new control panel that makes it a lot more clear about how BrowserPlus was installed and where it came from.

--Steve

//------------------------------------------------------------
    // Steven Spencer / Yahoo! / BrowserPlus
    // http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
    //------------------------------------------------------------
This forum is locked.

Recent Posts

in Support & General Questions