Updating BrowserPlus

Hi,

I have installed BrowserPlus 2.1.6 on my development machine, cause I am currently migrating a web app from "hand made" drag and drop support to the BrowserPlus. Then the 2.1.7 update was announced and I expected to get a notification about a new version of BrowserPlus as soon as I opened my browser. smile.gif But it didn't happen. Then I changed the javascript path in my webapp so it includes 2.1.7 in the path, and hoped again that a notification will show up. But again nothing happend.

So, how is the algorithm ment to work? And can I control it? For example, my webapp is sold to customers and installed on their machines. As soon as I release a new version that works around an issue in BrowserPlus or that is based on a newer version of it, I want to trigger the update of the plugin or any services.

Best regards,
Oliver Andrich

3 Replies
  • QUOTE (Oliver Andrich @ Nov 9 2008, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi,

I have installed BrowserPlus 2.1.6 on my development machine, cause I am currently migrating a web app from "hand made" drag and drop support to the BrowserPlus. Then the 2.1.7 update was announced and I expected to get a notification about a new version of BrowserPlus as soon as I opened my browser. :)lloyd
  • Hi lloyd,

thanks for sharing this detailed summary. For me it makes sense and honestly, I will only set minimum requirements on services which I will use. So, I think it works perfectly for me.

I think, I will have migrated my application to Yahoo! BrowserPlus in January. Then I will send you a detailed description of how I am using it and how Yahoo! BrowserPlus has made my live easier.

BTW, one feature request for now - How about a started dialog (at best fully i18n) to show, that the plugin is not installed and which includes instructions to install it. Just as you use on your demo pages. :)lloyd
  • QUOTE (Oliver Andrich @ Nov 11 2008, 05:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    BTW, one feature request for now - How about a started dialog (at best fully i18n) to show, that the plugin is not installed and which includes instructions to install it. Just as you use on your demo pages. :)lloyd
  • This forum is locked.

Recent Posts

in Support & General Questions